Rogan

Comics 2 Film thread

I remember reading that suposedly the end of the movie will have Gordan telling Batman about a killer who enjoys "Theatrics" and batman looks at the Photo. I also remember reading that Victor Zsazs will make a cameo as well.

The WB giveth, and the Wb taketh away...?

Well that remains to be seen, with regards to how good the Batman movie ends up being. But I have high hopes. There's some great talent involved.

But then there is some talent involved in Constantine too, though not (as far as I know) on the directorial or the screenwriting level. This may, of course, be prejudice. After all David Fincher is one of my favourite contemporary directors and he started off with a genre flick with a music video-only background. And though no one seems to agree with me, I thought that particular genre flick was pretty damn good. So who knows. Maybe Francis Lawrence IS talented. This won't mean jackshit to the horrendous screenplay though. So Tom, dont kill me. I'm not saying that I think Constanteen will be good. Just cutting the possible talent of Mr Lawrence some slack.

After all David Fincher is one of my favourite contemporary directors and he started off with a genre flick with a music video-only background. And though no one seems to agree with me, I thought that particular genre flick was pretty damn good.

what genre flick?

After all David Fincher is one of my favourite contemporary directors and he started off with a genre flick with a music video-only background. And though no one seems to agree with me, I thought that particular genre flick was pretty damn good.

what genre flick?

The vastly underrated but (in my opinion) really great Alien 3. Happy endings are overrated. It's a really atmospheric and genuinely disturbing and depressing movie. The faults that the movie has are more due to the bastardization of it in the post production stage by the bloody studio (as per fucking usual) than Fincher's shortcomings.

I'll go to bat for Alien 3. Can't wait to hook up on the director's cut. Heard it's much better.

I've heard some pretty bad things about the Batman script, including the fact that it hinges on a terrible reveal, but everything I've seen about the flick looks cool so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

What reveal, Jmac?

That Watanabe isn't Ra's Al' Ghul, but Liam Neeson is?

Two really great FX stars in the same movie can't be all bad. However, I really think they should make Dr. Doom look more menasing.

how come, John (haven't gotten around to seeing the new teaser yet), does this mean that the guy we talked about will still be the same person at the end of the flick?

If you watch that FF video, with your amateur head-shrinker hat on, it is easy to see the actors thinking "This is a silly comic-book movie." They keep dropping their eyes, and turning their heads away, when they say things like "Really amazing" "Kind of like a lifetime fantasy"

And I think The Thing looks crap.

The Aussie playing Dr Doom, is a really good actor. Some hope there.