Rogan

Comics 2 Film thread

Driver Eyes Wonder Woman

Minnie Driver told SCI FI Wire that she'd love to play Wonder Woman, but doubts that it will work out in her favor. "I think you're probably going to see Catherine Zeta-Jones squished into a corset and a pair of shorts quicker than you'd see me," Driver said in an interview while promoting her latest movie, The Phantom of the Opera, which will be released by Warner Brothers, the studio that retains the rights to Wonder Woman. "I might have more currency now, after Phantom, because she is an operatic superhero, in my opinion."

"That's actually going to be my new angle, my new pitch," Driver added, laughing. "I knew there was a reason I came here today, and it was to hone my pitch to Warner Brothers."

Driver pointed to original TV Wonder Woman star Lynda Carter as one of her heroines. "She did it all with a couple of bracelets and a weird lasso, and she had an invisible plane!" Driver said. "Come on, she's heaven, and she was so sexy. Even though I didn't have blue eyes, at a stretch I thought I could possibly grow up to be her, whereas I could never have grown up to be Lindsay Wagner [who played the Bionic Woman]. Do you know what I mean?"

Driver laughed again when it was suggested that perhaps she could convince Debra Winger to reprise her role as Drusilla, better known as Wonder Girl. The future Oscar winner appeared opposite Carter as Wonder Woman's sister in three episodes of the old television series. "Heaven," Driver said. "Heaven. She's maybe my favorite actress."

Hauer is Cardinal Roark in Sin City

Source: Lobster Charlie

December 15, 2004

Scooper 'Lobster Charlie' saw the following note from Rutger Hauer on his official website, in which the actor reveals he's been cast as Cardinal Roark in "The Hard Goodbye" for Robert Rodriguez's Sin City.

Well,things happenned rapidly the last few days.While opening mail and relaxing something popped out of the pressurecooker.SIN CITY is a black and white cartoon which is being made into a feature in Texas.Could i come and do a wacky hysterical cardinal for them.Last night i drove to the airport hoping to pay DD a fast visit which went south but she s alright.This morning fog delayed the planes.I had a ticket to London from where i hoped to fly on wit BA but decided last minute that was too tricky.Jumped on a different plane.Now in the us safely for an overnight and tomorrow onwards to Texas.Never been,darrrrn it.Luggage this time is amazingly light.Just one suit and little stuff.Sat in the cockpit for landing.Delicious.

The Incredible Hulk Game Coming Summer 2005

Source: Vivendi Universal Games

December 17, 2004

Vivendi Universal Games (VU Games) today announced the development of The Incredible Hulk for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system, the Xbox video game system from Microsoft and Nintendo GameCube. Developed by Radical Games, creators of the critically-acclaimed "The Simpsons: Hit & Run," the new action/adventure game will feature the ultimate in destructible environments, an awesome Hulk-powered ability to weaponize any object and a massive free-roaming, fully interactive world.

"Our collaboration with Marvel on 'The Incredible Hulk' will give gamers the opportunity to play as one of the most powerful and exciting characters to ever exist," said Michael Pole, EVP, Worldwide Studios, VU Games. "'The Incredible Hulk' will deliver unlimited power and freedom immersed in an authentic world that will engage Hulk fans and core gamers."

"We are very excited to have Radical developing this new Hulk title, continuing another blockbuster Marvel game franchise," said Ames Kirshen, Director Of Video Game Development at Marvel Enterprises. "Vivendi Universal Games and Radical are creating an interactive world where the player will have all of the freedoms and larger than life abilities of the Hulk in enormous and interactive 'sandbox' environments which really capture the essence of the character."

In The Incredible Hulk, players can jump anywhere, climb anything and smash everything -- even destroy entire buildings -- as the Hulk, the strongest hero there is! Gamers will create their own Hulk-powered weapons from anything they can rip out of the environment, unlock new moves to battle huge enemies in epic boss fights and experience deep and varied game elements by exploring free-roaming non-mission and side mission gameplay.

Based on The Incredible Hulk character franchise from Marvel Enterprises, this action-packed game is brought to life through a compelling storyline written by Eisner Award-winning comic book writer Paul Jenkins ("Hulk," "Spider-Man") and high-quality original art created by signature comic artist Bryan Hitch ("The Ultimates"), providing an unprecedented integration with The Incredible Hulk universe.

The Incredible Hulk will be available at retail in Summer 2005 for a suggested retail price of $39.99.

From SHH!

Scooper 'Asio' has sent us the following bit on what The Flash writer/director David Goyer said about casting the title role:

My brother and I just got back from a Blade Trinity promotional signing here in Melbourne Australia. Ryan Reynolds, David Goyer & Jessica Biel were all in attendance.

The host of the event quizzed Goyer on his involvement in the upcoming the Flash movie. Goyer replied that he was looking at "casting some guy named Ryan" as the Flash, and that he was leaning towards using Wally West instead of Jay Garrick or Barry Allen.

Magneto X-Men Spin-Off Movie Coming!

Source: Variety

December 13, 2004

Variety reports that 20th Century Fox has set Sheldon Turner ("The Longest Yard," "The Amityville Horror," "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" prequel) to write Magneto, an action-thriller based on the villainous character played in the first two "X-Men" films by Ian McKellen.

The project marks the second extension of the studio's "X-Men" comic book franchise. The move follows a Fox deal with "Troy" screenwriter David Benioff to write Wolverine, who is played by Hugh Jackman in the films.

The studio is developing the spin-offs as they separately develop X-Men 3. Simon Kinberg is writing the third installment. Magneto will likely be produced by the "X-Men" duo of Lauren Shuler Donner and Marvel Studios' Avi Arad.

The original "X-Men" film began with a prologue that showed Magneto as a child being led to a concentration camp by Nazis, and that is the period in which the new film will take place. Since the character will be seen almost exclusively in his formative years, it is not clear whether McKellen will be in the film at all, says the trade.

"I pitched a film that is almost 'The Pianist' meets 'X-Men,' about a guy who, after watching his family slaughtered, has an awakening of his powers and seeks revenge," Turner said.

The storyline will heavily involve Professor X (played by Patrick Stewart in the films). That character was a soldier in the allied force that liberated the concentration camps. The professor meets Magneto after the war, and while they bond over the realization that they are alike in their special powers, their differences soon turn them into enemies.

Frontrunners for the New He-Man Movie?

Source: The Daily Telegraph

January 2, 2005

Back in October of 2004 it was announced that John Woo will direct and produce He-Man, a live-action film based on the characters in Mattel's "Masters of the Universe". Now The Daily Telegraph has posted a rumor on who may be the frontrunners:

[Ryan] Kwanten is one of the frontrunners to play He-Man in an upcoming film version of He-Man, due to be released in 2006.

The actor's profile has risen of late due to his starring role in the US series Summerland, but he's facing some stiff competition from Sex and the City hunk Jason Lewis and The Rock.

Adam Rifkin is adapting the screenplay for the Fox 2000 movie.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

REALbatman.jpg

:ph34r: John Woo on He-Man?

Oh the Rock has got to play He-Man. Then again he doesn't have the right hair color. ;)

the most important thing is - would you like to have The Rock wielding your boxer shorts power-dong, Lou? ;)

the most important thing is - would you like to have The Rock wielding your boxer shorts power-dong, Lou? ;)

Now THERE's an image to keep me up at night.

Guest spiderlegs

Ugh, John Woo takes a big black marker and writes his name on every frame of film he directs. He's easily the least talented self-important director out there currently. MISSION: Impossible 2 goes high on my list of worst movies ever.

Ugh, John Woo takes a big black marker and writes his name on every frame of film he directs. He's easily the least talented self-important director out there currently. MISSION: Impossible 2 goes high on my list of worst movies ever.

no, no, John Woo was one of the best directors in the world: then he went and started making movies in America and was clearly tken over by some alien being set to create SHITE flicks.

I still like Hard Target though.

i've seen MI:2 only because a serb was in it (for the first 2 minutes, though :()

Face Off was decent. But the idea, The plot, and just about everything else in it made no sense.

MI 2 was lame To the xtreme.

Avi Arad Talks About Hulk 2

Source: Kevin Roegele

January 8, 2005

Scooper 'Kevin Roegele' tells us that Avi Arad talked to Total Film magazine about Hulk 2:

Bigger action, smaller Hulk in sequel says Avi Arad.

February's Total Film magazine features some new information from Marvel's Avi Arad. He confirms that Hulk 2 is in progress, and a few intruiging changes that will be made from the first film.

"In the next movie, Hulk 2, the Hulk will be smaller. If you make him 15-feet tall, there's no human connection there.....Right now we are still developing the sequel. I think the key thing is to come up with the right story."

The article also says we are promised, 'less angst and a lot more Hulk smashing,' and that Bruce Banner will become more comfortable with his big green side.

Guest spiderlegs

Does that really surprise anyone? It's made by the Daredevil producers innit? Marvel's only celluloid success has been Raimy and the Spider-Man franchise. I know alot of you guys were excited about Elektra but it just looks so bad. It looks like they tried to be faithful to the source material (which is very noble considering how some filmmakers cavalierly toss out the original source material like yesterday's rubbish), but Elektra just doesn't seem like more than a supporting character, film-wise. She's not strong enough to carry a film, even though her parts were the only good thing about Daredevil.