Kejoxen

Bristol Comic Expo 2006

You coming?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. You coming?

• Yeah baby, rocks off!!
    • Nah, wouldnt been seen dead.

Breezing in like the awkward relative that used to abuse you when you we small, he’s back. Passing a furtive glance across the forums, simply muttering an intention to attend this years comic expo (why break with two whole years of tradition?) and then off again, probably to emerge sometime in March.

returns shortly to collect car keys and then is off again waving an arm at the room while shouting:

"sorry, been occupied with other stuff, havent really been feeling like arguing about comics, working on top secret project for uni and playing a lot of MMO's"

I might be in attendance, depending on when it is etc...

Nice to see you again, Kejoxen. You really should stick around!

I didn't think there was going to be one this year.

I thought it'd been replaced with the Brighton one.

If it's on and I'm around I'm there.

When the hell is it? I don't want to go but I would like to use it as an excuse to meet Red and Keeyah et al.

She also showed me a brilliant Batman story in which The Joker becomes the ambassador for Afghanistan (complete with purple turban) then declares war on the USA and beats Robin to death with a crowbar after killing his mum!

The Joker is awesome.

It's normally on sometime around the middle of May - Keeyah was stood up by Red last year but I think she had a good time with us anyway!

Hey! I made the trip over from Norway to the UK, and was even IN Bristol! Is it my fault I got bad food posioning? :icon_frown:

She also showed me a brilliant Batman story in which The Joker becomes the ambassador for Afghanistan (complete with purple turban) then declares war on the USA and beats Robin to death with a crowbar after killing his mum!

Having read A Death In The Family, all I can assume is that the word "brilliant" means different things to you than it does to me.

If I can get the time off, and afford the trip, I may pop over this year. It's possible. We shall see.

I really ought to go shouldn't I seeing as I'm the person that lives the closest out of all us to Bristol (well maybe Tom does but even so I live pretty fucking near to Bristol).

I'm hoping to go, as long as I can convince Mrs. J that it is not just another excuse to disappear for a couple of days and get wrecked :-?

...although there's always the possibility that Stoke make it to the playoffs, in which case I would be wrenched away (mind you it's probably about the same odds as an earthquake destroying Bristol). Be good to meet some of you there.

The Joker is awesome.

Over the breakfast table as well. And James, you had better wear that green cat T-shirt that lady gave you. She may be there again!

Kinki, Pooka and Inca - You know you want to come. Do it!

Can't fuck with tradition man, have to give you back that Mina book anyway.

Twilight, outside of eating, drinking and catching up with friends, the con itself usually throws up a handful of interesting panels as well as providing a HUGE hall stuffed full of comics for sale. It runs Satruday/Sunday with an official opening night piss-up on the Friday. Last year they had the Eagle awards on the Friday night too, which saw Chas win best supporting comic's character.

award1.jpg

Bristol's a lovely little city in its own right too, reminds me a lot of Dublin.

Ah how the alcohol makes fools of even the best of us.

Last year they didnt have a opening party (well they did but we weren't invited) so me, you, James and Joe went to Pizza Hut instead, how could you possibly forget that John.

The year before was the awards, I can tell because thats my lighter and fags on the table and I had quit before last years con.

Oh right, I remember looking for food now alright - I had a perfect place picked out in advance only it stopped serving food at 7 or something stupid like that.

How're you doing anyway chief ?

If Inca, Red, Keeyah and Lost Johnny are going, I am going.

Or at least I'll come to Bristol and meet you all, I don't know about the convention.

I'm more bothered about meeting you lot.

Last year they didnt have a opening party (well they did but we weren't invited) so me, you, James and Joe went to Pizza Hut instead, how could you possibly forget that John.

Did anyone bother getting the ice cream factory? I don't remember.