Kejoxen

Bristol Comic Expo 2006

You coming?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. You coming?

• Yeah baby, rocks off!!
    • Nah, wouldnt been seen dead.

I still want to see Keeyah's shoes. There'd better be a damn picture of Keeyah's shiny flowered shoes!

Favourite bit of the convention had to be this.

With American Virgin we are doing for Global Sexual Ritual what Hellblazer did for demonology.

:lol:

Urgh, so the third year was a turd year.

Nice to meet everyone, my apologies for being a standoffish or strange in anyway, it’s down to my inability to deal with people in a con environment, all my social skills disappear.

Also I must apologise again to James who gets my ‘straight man’ award, don’t worry when you need your biography writing call me because I’ll remember some stuff.

Nothing happened apart from hideous foot injury for me (I still can’t walk properly).

Here are some pictures:

DSCN0875.jpg

Joe is attacked by a giant beetle

DSCN0877.jpg

A furrie outside its natural habitat

dscn0878.jpg

The Hypotheticals panel, that drunken Jamie Whatsit was a twat

DSCN0881.jpg

MANTHING'D!!!

DSCN0882.jpg

Superboy: I'll Never See Again

DSCN0885.jpg

A berk

DSCN08848.jpg

Wilkinson is Ade's bitch.

and finally:

Yep had a great time, although spent more time waiting at the bar to get drinks than anything else. The travelling was the most hassle, not going via reading again - boosts the ticket price a tad - £52 return

Caught up with just about everyone I needed to, lots of positive stuff going on - Leila gave James a lesson in how to sell stuff - and it worked, because the next guy that came along bought Just One Page and a tim Bradstreet print. - Hands James! It's all in the Hands!

But once again came away without buying anything - Mainly because I forgot half the things I wanted - although couldn't find one of the Hellblazer Graphs anywhere - so Amazon - and the issue of Swap Thing by Jock, which James texted me about later - so dude if the offer's still open send it down to me.

Spent a couple of hours waiting to show folio to Shelley, which Leila persuaded me to join, having been less than enthusiastic about waiting for so long, but was actually completely worth it!

Hopefully Brighton will still go ahead.

Nice to see some of the forum at the curry, I am so glad thay've opened that place near the station, because usually it's a bit of a trek into town, particularly by cab due to Bristol's rather eccentric one way system.

Next year all that stuff's gonna get booked up front - let's just book out the restaurant for 40, and entire floor in whichever hotel around Jan.

Also I must apologise again to James who gets my ‘straight man’ award, don’t worry when you need your biography writing call me because I’ll remember some stuff.

Apologise for nothing! Well, except for making me absurdly paranoid that I was insulting everyone left, right and centre.

Might give Bristol a miss next year, SDCC or no. Maybe we should switch to Brighton as the big STH comic con date, even if the weather's going to be wanky?

Spent a couple of hours waiting to show folio to Shelley, which Leila persuaded me to join, having been less than enthusiastic about waiting for so long, but was actually completely worth it!

Awesome! I was wondering how that was going to go. What happened?

Oh - and check your PMs about the Swamp Thing issue.

Well that was my first.... and last.... No, I actually had a great time but that could have been down to there being booze, football, comics, curry, great company and no kids... or maybe it was Keeyah's magical sparkly shoes.

I ballsed up with getting to see the only session I wanted to go to. Thanks to an articulated lorry going through the central reservation on the M6 I was an hour later than I wanted to be and the Vertigo session had already started, and not knowing how these things worked I didn't realise you could just walk in in the middle of it, so by the time I actually went in I had already missed the Global Sex Ritual!

I got a few things: Walking Dead vol 3 & 4 and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen vol 2 mainly because I was damned if I was coming all that way and not buying anything. Oh and I tried to get people to sign up for Oxfams stand against Arms Control until Inca politely pointed out it was actually against Arms Proliferation - bloody peacenik hippies sneaked that one in

It was great to meet everyone down there, y'all proper lurvely people, and I apologise for my inability to talk about anything other than football, TV, music and football, oh and football. I also apologise to Inca and Keeyah for attracting nutters. :biggrin:

I'm staying in the hotel next time though, so I can consume a decent amount of alcohol - I wasn't even staggering by the time I left.

You did seem to have some ability of nutter attraction Johnny. :D

I have an awful feeling that the bloke in the bar was someone I should know but didn't recognise. But he probably just was a comic geek with no notion of what women are like.

Take That! Fucking Take That. :lol: