Kejoxen

Bristol Comic Expo 2006

You coming?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. You coming?

• Yeah baby, rocks off!!
    • Nah, wouldnt been seen dead.

I don't believe ice creams were had - what we really need is a good second pub - the hotel one is (1) rubbish and (2) packed out the door whereas the nearest one to the hotel is (1) alright but (2) always empty with no atmosphere.

You really have to come James, I'm sure Del from the V will be there and that's a meeting of minds I just have to witness in the flesh.

From the mailing list -

Just been passed a message from David Morris, who is helping Mike out

big-time with the Bristol Expo - he's been informed by Ramada (and checked with

other hotels) that rooms are disappearing fast for Saturday 13th May, as they

are being booked not only by Expo attendees but by people supposing the FA Cup

Final will be played in Cardiff if Wembley misses its construction deadline.

All the special rate rooms at Ramada have now gone, but a small number of

additional rooms at the less-than-usual-rate-but-not-as-good-as-Expo-rate are

still available at £96 for a Double/Twin, or £70 Single.

From personal experience booking a room was horrendous, the best price place

we could find was Holiday Inn Express at Filton, near the Bristol Parkway

station, at £40 per Double Room, including all the toast you can eat for

breakfast.

oh bugga

what will everybody be doing now?

I've got relatives in Bristol, which I can stay with at a push - but was thinking of seeing if I could bunk in with anyone else at a hotel, as they've got kids and for once I wanted to be able to get comfortably pissed without watching my language/behaviour etc.

...not that I'm that bad when I've had a drink of course :tongue:

If anyone wants to share a room give me a shout - I don't snore even when pissed!

Yep, years ago, the pair of im will get on great I'm sure.

Are you taking the piss, then?

I think he was one of the thousands that I pissed off when I started ranting about the state of modern comedy on the V.

John - if you're booking a room, will it be Friday/Saturday/Sunday like usual?

I think he was one of the thousands that I pissed off when I started ranting about the state of modern comedy on the V.

That was the hilarious point I was trying to make.

It'd be those three days, yeah, with a night on the Thursday in the holiday inn.

Any good places to get a tattoo in bristol?

Well I defo have to go if keeyah's getting inked. (Although I'll just get jealous and have to get one myself, if I can find a spare bit of skin.)

I've decided I really, reeeeeaaaaalllly want to go now, but those prices are a bit steep for somewhere to crash, aren't they?

I might have to sleep under that car with TestosteRohne. :biggrin:

James - how much is it on the train from Leeds to Bristol, and how long does it take?

I was planning to just catch the train in to Bristol for the day Saturday and then go home at the end of the day. Then maybe do the same Sunday. But that plan kind of depends on me getting around to sorting out my moving house to Bath in the interim. Might do it anyway from Devizes but that will mean driving partway and hence I won't be able to drink.

An alternative to staying in Bristol would be Bath it's only about 10 minutes away on the train. Cheap accomodation is available at backpacker's hostels like the St Christopher’s Inn on Green Street at about £20 per person per night.

That's a superb idea. I'm trying o convince karl to rent a car (we'll split the costs, but he'll have to drive), but if we bunk in Bath that means he can't have a drink.

Hmmmmm.

I have a horrible feeling the train will be very expensive.

Well if Karl is going to come anyway I think it probably will be cheaper for you to split the cost of a hire car.

Parking in Bristol on a Saturday is a fucking nightmare not to be recommended that's why I'm catching the train rather than driving myself.

If any of the special offers are left (and Railtrack rules are designed to release the timetables late rather than allow anyone to plan in advance) it should be thirty quid, ie two 15 returns on the train. for a 3 1/2 hour journey. But the standard return costs over sixty quid.

The coach takes almost twice as long and costs £48.

I quite like the idea of staying on Bath in a B&B if it's only 10 mins away by train....

That means not having to drive all the way back up north in the evening.....

Will look into this.....

Sorry to be lazy arse, but what are the dates again?

And who's deffo thinking of going?

If you haven't booked a hotel room, beware that you might have to have sex with Villa/Man.City fans to get a bed for the night.