Sign in to follow this  
Rogan

Brody wants Joker role?!

http://www.moviehole.net/news/20060109_bro...n_batman_2.html

Brody and Lucas on Batman 2

Posted by Clint Morris on January 9, 2006

The Pianist wants to play a packed-audience in the Gotham City Music Auditorium.

Oscar Winner Adrien Brody, currently mixing it up with well-heeled ape “King Kong”, is interested in playing The Joker in the next “Batman” film

Brody tells USA Today that he loved “Batman Begins” and hopes to be considered for the role of the jovial assassin in the next chapter.

“I would love to play The Joker. I think he would be deformed and creepier”, says the actor, whose competition for the role includes Aussie Lachy Hulme and Brit Paul Bettany.

Meantime, Josh Lucas (“The Hulk”) has responded to rumours that he’s up for the role of D.A Harvey Dent – who later becomes Two Face – in the next film.

"You are the second person [to ask about the Dent rumor] -- I heard that yesterday, that would be cool," the actor told the IESB site. The actor said that he hasn't been approached, "but that [getting offered the part] would be totally great”.

Batman-On-Film says there might be more roles to fill too – they’ve heard that mobster Salvatore Maroni, Gotham P.D officer Sarah Essen, and Roman Sionis/Black Mask might be in the next film too.

Going to be quite a full house, eh?

I could see him making a memorable performance, though i don't know if he could pull off the smile/ He's certainly skinny enough (even with all the buffing up from king Kong), so i'm thinking him and bale might play off one another quite nicely.

Your thoughts?

Mmm, Im not so sure tbh...then again Im struggling to think of someone who could do the Joker as the creepy cackling insane bastard that he is.....

So far ive hear rumors of Crispin Glover, Sean Penn, now Brody, and some other guy i couldn't remember.

So far ive hear rumors of Crispin Glover, Sean Penn, now Brody, and some other guy i couldn't remember.

And out of that short list i think the best option would be Brody. I mean Sean Penn? Good actor but noooo!

I'm not sure about Crispin's face. But he is at least a better choice than Sean Penn.

Mmm, Im not so sure tbh...then again Im struggling to think of someone who could do the Joker as the creepy cackling insane bastard that he is.....

Well I can think of one bloke but I'm not sure the producers would be willing to go for an unknown guy from Serbia. :lol:

But seriously I can see either Brody or Crispin Glover as the Joker.

Sean Penn? Er...

I think Glover would look the best in the role, but can he play anything BUT weird? Brody's a good actor, but he's the opposite of Crispin...we've never seen him play anything even close to manic or crazy like the Joker apparently is.

I like the Paul Bettany suggestion...he's played across the board, and can actually be downright scary.

I fancy Adrien Brody.

And as Bale is hot too, I think they should cast Brody and make Batman/Joker slash fiction. :biggrin:

bermejo_joker1.jpg

What you guys think of this portrayal of Joker for the film?

"The most interesting thing about the Joker for me was always the mystery that surrounded the character. He is a bit like Hannibal Lector in the sense that it isn't so important in SILENCE OF THE LAMBS to know where he came from. It's what he IS that makes the character amazing. In many respects, The Joker is a serial killer. His profile fits perfectly and I'm really hoping that Nolan and Goyer play him more as such instead of going for the over the top, comedic opportunities they approached the Joker with in the 1989 BATMAN.

Visually, I like the idea of the character being played a lot darker and more disturbing as well. It's difficult to realistically explain why the guy would have a huge grin on his face all the time. This is why I came up with the idea to actually scar his face to mirror the Joker smile. I remember seeing some police photos of the Black Dhalia and being genuinely disturbed by how her face was cut to look like a killer smile. After all, if this character was truly a crazy maniac why wouldn't he do this to himself? Add a little smeared lipstick, white face paint, and purple eye-shadow and you have yourself one demented looking dude. I also gave him some scarring around the eyes to mirror clown makeup a little more. I don't know about you, but clowns have always been a bit scary to me (the John Wayne Gacey angle doesn't help). As far as clothing, maybe push the character a little more in the Tyler Durden direction. Give him a wardrobe that could be a little over the top but not look completely fabricated and silly.

I based this drawing on Lachy Hulme, a front-runner for the Joker right now, but I think it eventually turned out looking a bit more like Vincent Gallo."

I fancy Adrien Brody.

And as Bale is hot too, I think they should cast Brody and make Batman/Joker slash fiction.  :biggrin:

Batman/Joker slash fic? Ugh.

I quite like the Paul Bettany idea but can he play sadistic and twisted? I haven't seen much of his work.

Take a look at him in Gangster no. 1. The film itself isn't the greatest, but Bettany is creepy as fuck in it. And brutal, too.

Well I can think of one bloke but I'm not sure the producers would be willing to go for an unknown guy from Serbia.  :lol:

Does Batso even have a supervillain with an accent?

KGBeast?  I'm assuming Bane does, too.

You assume correct. Bane is from South America somewhere. And in the animated series, he has an accent.

Bane's childhood and early adult life were spent behind the walls of Peña Duro, an infamous prison located in Santa Prisca (claimed to be Cuba in Batman: The Animated Series).

Wikipedia Bane Page

KGBeast? Feh! I meant a REAL villain. Like :

ORCA.jpg

Orca is a female Batman villain who appeared in Batman #579-581, which was written by Larry Hama with art by Scott McDaniel. As her name implies, Orca is half-human, half-killer whale, and all bad-ass.

Guest spiderlegs

Benecio Del Torro! He can be skinny. The motherfucker is Method to the bone. He'll suck down about a quart of meth and coast on that for a few months. But he's got the grin, I think. Plus, he's "outside the box."

Hmmm... how skinny CAN Del Toro get?

Also, would he consider another comics role so soon after Sin City?

But i can see where you're coming from, and he WOULD certainly be an interesting choice...