Sign in to follow this  
Rogan

Brody wants Joker role?!

Robin is so wild at heart, he CANNOT be contained by such a flimsy thing as a celluloid ribbon!

<<<EDIT>>>

Del Toro was Jackie-Boy, the Abusive Cop Boyfriend that loses his head over a Sin City Hooker

I think Bale would look like an even greater psycho if he's paired with a brightly-colored 14-year-old... still, if they find a way to make it work, and not be as crap as Batman and Robin/Forever, then why not.

<<<EDIT>>>

i mean, i know you like Robin, but did you like Chris O'Donnel's portrayal of him in those movies? Wasn't it all a bit like Keanustine?

Oh god no!

Batman Forever is a painful thing to watch.

It's hard enough to convey a sense of realism using any superhero without giving them a child sidekick. While the idea of me seeing my favourite character on the big screen is a nice one, it couldn't work so I wouldn't want it to be tried.

But still we have the problem of a brightly dressed child fighting crime.

I mean if comics were real don't you think something would have been done about heros having sidekicks?

Yeah bashing their heads in with crowbar works as a solution to the sidekick problem I hear. :lol:

I'm sorry Keeyah, I couldn't resist it. Don't hate me too much.

I was talking this over with my roommate today, and we came to the conclusion that Robin simply wouldn't "work" in the films being made now. The new tone is all wrong for a child to be swinging into action alongside a man dressed as a bat...it just doesn't fit no matter how well you set it up. And Robin as an adult just seems...wrong. Some things really do seem to only work in the funny pages, or maybe animated.

Poor Robin. I'd love to see the female Robin from DKR, but she loses any impact if you haven't established any other Robins in the previous films. Then it's just a DIRTY old man dressed as a bat swinging into action with a little girl.

Yeah bashing their heads in with crowbar works as a solution to the sidekick problem I hear. :lol:

Actually, no. The little buggers keep coming back.

And i fully expect that dead "Robin" girl to reappear in the next 10-15 years.

Whaaaat?! She was a 15-year old kid! How can she have a daughter? IS this again a case of "Gwen Stacy having Norman Osbourne" babies? Who's the father, Batman, Joker or Hush?

She was 15 I believe when she had a baby and gave it up for adoption. She was going out with Tim Drake at the time and he was even there at the birth.

The father was just some guy from school, we did see him a couple times on panel but he wasn't really interested in Steph or the baby.

Just before Steph died she made Batman promise to look out for her daughter. She was 16 when she died.

Boy, every teenage female character turns out to be a cuationary example on the dangers of being a slut and dating much older men.

Back to the whole, Robin in a Batman movie thing (even though the thread is about the Joker), I think I could handle Dick Grayson being in the movie, and being adopted by Bruce Wayne and maybe finding out he's Batman, so long as he doesn't actually become Robin.

I don't know. Maybe he could once he's 18, and has done his homework first.

No offense to Keeyah, but I dont think I could take any more Robins in the Batman flicks :biggrin:

Sorry....

I just think it works better without Robin.