• New Mutants
    • Generation X
    • Authority
    • Cyberforce
    • Planetary
    • Stormwatch
    • Wetworks
    • Wildcats
    • You left out my favorite team, you whore monger!

Not the strongest or fastest or prettiest, but who gets you going at night, when the lights are off and...oh, sorry, went to my private place.

I'm thinking of doing a series of these, just 'cuz I likes me some poll action.

I always thought I'd like the LOSH, I just never got around to reading them. Same with several DC books. Marvel had me by the monetary cojones and they knew it.

I always thought I'd like the LOSH, I just never got around to reading them. Same with several DC books. Marvel had me by the monetary cojones and they knew it.

I loved the Reboot of LSH after Zero Hour. It updated the story, yet kept the innocence that it always had. Later on, i guess it got dark (Legion Lost) but I didn't read those.

That said, you should read a lot of the old Legion, then read Keith Giffin's Legion. You have to really know the characters to appriciate his work (or even to follow it!), but it was some great stuff.

Shite! All these choices make me feel like I'm living in America instead of the Soviet Union!

I voted for Alpha Flight, because no one else in a hundred years ever will! :lol:

Hey! Where the fuck are my Defenders?! Steve Gerber, J.M. DeMatteis, some hippy guy....who's had better writers than that???

Which X-Men team are we talking about? I'll vote "X-Men" if it's Claremont's original "all new, all different X-Men".

Which Avengers? Because EVERYONE has been an Avenger....even non-super powered people like Jay Leno, even non-Marvel characters like Batman, hell, I've even been a member at one time!

Pretend it's your favorite incarnation of your favorite team.

Hey, at one point, I liked Alpha Flight.

OK, just for Northstar.

No League of Extrordinary Gentlemen?

No Doom Patrol?

Man, your poll is not thourough at all.

:biggrin:

That's why the final option is there. :p

Actually, I would've put more in but you can only do 20 options at most. So I decided not to pop in the indies on this one.

I loved the Reboot of LSH after Zero Hour.  It updated the story, yet kept the innocence that it always had.  Later on, i guess it got dark (Legion Lost) but I didn't read those.

That said, you should read a lot of the old Legion, then read Keith Giffin's Legion.  You have to really know the characters to appriciate his work (or even to follow it!), but it was some great stuff.

Thanks for the tip. I'll download a few.

No League of Extrordinary Gentlemen?

No Doom Patrol?

Man, your poll is not thourough at all.

:biggrin:

I will say that I loved the Peter Kupperburg, pre-Morrison Doom Patrol. They were completely disfunctonal, and it was great. Niles' wife was obsessed with finding her dead husband, Negative man and Negative woman were going to kill each other over the negative energy, and Cliff Steele was only there because he had nothing better to do.

"I will say that I loved the Peter Kupperburg, pre-Morrison Doom Patrol. They were completely disfunctonal, and it was great. Niles' wife was obsessed with finding her dead husband, Negative man and Negative woman were going to kill each other over the negative energy, and Cliff Steele was only there because he had nothing better to do."

-You are a very sick man.

Indy superhero teams? Who the hell is an indy superhero team?

Doom Patrol?!

You're not counting Image or Awesome or WildStorm as indy....

I voted X-Men. But only because I am totally ignorant of all the others....  :blush:

You don't read enough comics!!!

(But, judging by your screen name, you listen to a lot of Bowie, so you're OK. For now.)

You don't read enough comics!!!

(But, judging by your screen name, you listen to a lot of Bowie, so you're OK.  For now.)

I read more comics than are healthy according to most people I know. Just not much superhero stuff. They have just not generally appealed to me ever. If someone does something cool with the idea I can go with it (Miracleman & Top Ten being examples) but everything else I've picked up or downloaded to try just does little for me.

My route into comics was through reading a Neil Gaiman novel then getting The Sandman and branching out from there.

So erm.. Top Ten I guess for a vote for things not on the list!

Indy superhero teams? Who the hell is an indy superhero team?

Doom Patrol?!

You're not counting Image or Awesome or WildStorm as indy....

Again, 20 max entries.

I'd hardly count anything by Image or Wildstorm as indy. Been a long time since that was the case (if indeed it ever was).

But that's a debate for another thread. Don't derail me, Raw Gun! :icon_sam:

I was a charter member of the BucketLung Brigade, but it goes against my nature to pick any favourite. Overall I think I preferred the D.C. teams over the Marvel ones.

"I'd hardly count anything by Image or Wildstorm as indy. Been a long time since that was the case (if indeed it ever was)."

No, I agree with you. But this still begs the question of who the hell counts as an indy superhero team!

Anything non-mainstream.

I wouldn't count LOEG as mainstream; nor did I include Doom Patrol because I was thinking of the Morrison-era Vertigo series. The latter straddles the line, but I would still say "not mainstream."

You're more than welcome to vote for either under the whoremonger option. :D

Warren Ellis' Stormwatch is my most favorite super team book, although it was tough to choose between them and Planetary.