JohnMcMahon

Hellblazer #216

Your marks out of 10 for #216  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Your marks out of 10 for #216

More Reviews: this time from Entertainment Weekly in a Comics 101: All the Write Moves sidebar....

Hellblazer (Vertigo/DC)

Fancy Pants Writer Denise Mina/ scorching Scottish thriller novelist (Garnethill), takes on the occultish series.

Plot Maneuver Magic-master/pub crawler John Constantine tries to help a bloke whose innocent use of an incantation plunges the guy into a tortured life.

Good Enough to Quit Her Day Job? Do Both! Mina's vivid slang and pervasive dread work wonders for grown-up comics. Take Constantines's wry remark to the luckless fellow: "You pretty much know it's going to get pretty f---kin' ugly."

A-

I'd say that's a pretty good review in a mainstream mag, i don't know if it will have an effect on sales, but one would hope so...

I was happy to see that review in a mainstream mag. Usually they wait and review the trades which are easier to acquire. It was bunched in with other quick reviews of Testament and the Hulk/Wolverene mini but it's still good to pick up a magazine and read aboutHellblazer without it being tied into the movie.

did anyone get repeating pages... it kinda tripped me out.. if it was done on purpose...

did anyone get repeating pages... it kinda tripped me out.. if it was done on purpose...

Keep it as it could be a collector's item one day. Although I doubt you'll be able to retire on it.

There shouldn't have been any repeating pages. Which ones were they?

okay....the dead guys mother repeats.... i found myself outside the house)

I started smoking... but i lost the completely

i started feeling things that hadn't even happened to family yet..... my fucking head was bursting....

its whole pages repeating twice... there's probably a couple out there like X-men thirty ominition... so it's just a mistake with printers...

Yeah. To be honest, I'd be amazed if an issue of Hellblazer became valuable because of the messed up pages but I'm sure you could convince someone on eBay that they NEED a copy...

Something similar occured with an issue from the first Death mini-seres back in the early 90s. It immediatly was valued at something like 30 bucks but that was probably overly inflated and I doubt anyone actually paid so much for a copy.

Something similar occured with an issue from the first Death mini-seres back in the early 90s.  It immediatly was valued at something like 30 bucks but that was probably overly inflated and I doubt anyone actually paid so much for a copy.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, the correction is now worth more than the mistake, as there were not as many of them. I have both. Signed by Neil. OWNED.

I recently was at a comic mart in Dublin and a particular stall had a great selection of comics that were either misprints or pulped, although all within the last 20 years.

There was the League of Ex gentlemen with the advert about marvel, and also a superman, batman and Death title.

I must try and find out what they were, anyhow, all were £50+ and he sold some.

Himself and his girlfriend worked in a comic shop, hence got quite a few interesting items.

just goes to show.

Jamesb

"The Death thing was a wrong page rather than a repeated one, though."

It was Neil's ultra-secret page with the meaning of life!

I don't know what to make of issue 216, so here's a bit of trivia instead: Eddie Campbell is as Scottish as fuck. He only lives here, we don't own him.