wolvy

Brubakers run on DD.

Any project with Brubaker & Lark together is worth a good, hard look. Hadn't seen this interview, so thanks for the heads-up. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one when TPB (or, better yet, HC) time rolls around.

Given that my interest in Bendis' Daredevil has faded drastically over the last year or so, to the point that I probably won't be bothering to pick up the last few trades, my only qualm about this is one of accessibility. Hopefully, Brubaker's a sensible, and decent enough writer to make the start of his run a good jumping-on point for people who haven't necessarily been reading Bendis' run.

Still, Brubaker/Lark has been an ace combination in the past, and they're well-suited to the character. I'll definitely be looking forward to the trades on this.

One other thing is a lot of people have been recently annoyed with Marvel for their solicits on the book. Because rather than the usuall vague hints here and there. The cover to aprils issue spoils a very important plot point for the run. Which I understand why they are annoyed by it. And frankly I think marvel couldv been a bit more vague about the cover art and solicits for the new run.

Is Bruebaker the new Bendis, being all over Marvel now? Captain America, DD, X-Men...?

It's the same guy! So, Bendis finally found a pseudonym that allows him to actually write the entire Marvel U without getting all the bichy fans in an uproar?

Heh.

I agree with Mike, actually - Brubaker's been doing some good stuff with superheroes over the last few years (although his Captain America really should pick up the pace a bit now - it started well, but the last 5-6 issues have felt a bit on the slow side), but I always enjoyed his darker urban noir crime stories, too, and he could definitely bring a bit of that to Hellblazer.

James, for the sin of setting me up you will burn for a thousand eternities in an unconvincing stage set of hell (like one of those sound-stage-like planets from the original Star Trek) where every other role - demon, sinner and hell-harrowing Constantine alike - is played by Keanu.

He probably could do really neat things with Hellblazer. Tho sense he's now Marvel exclusive, I dont think that will happen for awhile.

James, for the sin of setting me up you will burn for a thousand eternities in an unconvincing stage set of hell (like one of those sound-stage-like planets from the original Star Trek) where every other role - demon, sinner and hell-harrowing Constantine alike - is played by Keanu.

Is it too late to put that in the last issue of Lucifer?

It's the same guy! So, Bendis finally found a pseudonym that allows him to actually write the entire Marvel U without getting all the bichy fans in an uproar?

All the bald writers look a like. No joke. Brian K Vaughan. Brian Bendis. Azerrello. Ed Brubaker. Grant Morrison. Their all clones..

Sleeper : Aces

Books Of Doom & Deadly Genesis : *Cough*

Like Mark I'm pretty much burned out on Bendis' Daredevil, though the last trade (with the demon baby thing) marked a slight uptick in form. Ed's nil for two with me on his Marvel work so I reckon I'll be giving this a miss.

I'm looking forward to Brubaker on D.D.

I've been sick of Bendis' D.D. since issue #50. In fact, that's about the point that I didn't want to read anything by Bendis anymore. He's been burnt out since about that point.

Now, Brubaker has never written anything bad. "X-Men:Deadly Genesis" is the only Marvel book of his that I've read, and while not great, it is highly readable, and that's on an X-book, which aren't exactly the most prolific line of comics.

Brubaker's work at DC has always been excellent, and the majority of that work was on a Batman title, which isn't all that different in style and tone from D.D.

I think the gritty, noir style of Brubaker will find a home on D.D.

Like I said. From the previews, the art looked better than Maleevs and Brubaker seems to be a perfect fit for the title.

Books Of Doom & Deadly Genesis : *Cough*

Ed's nil for two with me on his Marvel work so I reckon I'll be giving this a miss.

Shame you tried the wrong two - it's slowed down a bit now, but I reckon you might enjoy his Captain America run. Nicely dark'n'gritty espionage/superhero stuff, mixed with some fucking ace WW2 flashback issues.

MArks's right - i never thought i'd be reading Cap but Bruebaker really is doing some excellent things on the title...

Like Mark I'm pretty much burned out on Bendis' Daredevil, though the last trade (with the demon baby thing) marked a slight uptick in form.  Ed's nil for two with me on his Marvel work so I reckon I'll be giving this a miss.

I cooled to Bendis’ Daredevil awhile back, deciding the the second half of his Run (following his becoming the Kingpin) sagged a little, just didn’t have the same momentum.

But I’m currently re-reading the trades and having a whale of a time, you have to admire the internal consistency of the book, with things like the MGH subplot or The White Tiger trial constantly popping up in the narrative.

The most impressive thing about the Bendis/Maleev exit, really, is that it’s happening at just the right time, another year of this would be too much.

I look forward to the Brubaker/Lark run.