JohnMcMahon

Ultimate Avengers

The voice acting is a bit lame. And the animation looks a bit like saturday morning cartoons.

You like Hawkeye you gotta check out the latest issue of the Ultimates.

If you like Hawkeye well, he's not in the Ultimate Avengers movie.

I bought this today and quite liked it.

Very much watered down compared to the comic but lots of fun.

You like Hawkeye you gotta check out the latest issue of the Ultimates.

If you like Hawkeye well, he's not in the Ultimate Avengers movie.

I bought this today and quite liked it.

Very much watered down compared to the comic but lots of fun.

Yeah my love for the ultimates meant i had to at least try the film it wasn't quite the ultimates i was a bit pissed that it didn't actualy have the hulk rampaging through new york telling betty he was gonna fuck her because thats just amusing but it was an ok film.

I agree on the hawkeye thing i hated the original but loved the ultimate version oh by the way did anyone else think hank pym had hawkeyes attitude i really could help but think wait a second is that hawkeye mouthing off?

Yeah that looks real garbage...i wish they would do something proper with Captain America...his comic rocks at the moment. Do you remember the film from the Eighties i think it was...one of the worst comic book adaptations i have ever seen :wink:

Saw it, was bored by it, will never see it again.

The Hulk doesn't show up until the end of the movie, and he's the only one worth watching. He kicks everyone's ass.

JLU outshines this drivel like the sun vs. a 60-watt lightbulb.

Nick Fury is black because in the Ultimate Avengers comic books he is. In fact they've drawn him to look like Samuel L. Jackson in the comics.

Nick Fury is black because in the Ultimate Avengers comic books he is. In fact they've drawn him to look like Samuel L. Jackson in the comics.

Jebus....

One of the reasons I kinda stay away from the Marvel Ultimates franchise. All they need now is someone looking asian.

Not being racist here.. it's just that I got that same feeling when they turned Kingpin black for the movie, he's just not the same Kingpin. Wonder thought what made why they made him black.

Jebus....

One of the reasons I kinda stay away from the Marvel Ultimates franchise. All they need now is someone looking asian.

Not being racist here.. it's just that I got that same feeling when they turned Kingpin black for the movie, he's just not the same Kingpin. Wonder thought what made why they made him black.

Eh, a little diversity is alright...the original characters were created when a lot of minority characters were inherently stereotypical. I think it's cool for them to change some characters who didn't have to be a minority into one. I mean, A white Black Panther wouldn't work, but a Black Nick Fury, who was in the Gulf War instead of WW II? I've got no problem with that.

As far as Kingpin in the movie...eh. Kingpin's whiteness has little to do with his character. I was more concerned with Matt Murdock throwing a guy in front of a subway train and making a joke about it.

Eh, a little diversity is alright...the original characters were created when a lot of minority characters were inherently stereotypical.  I think it's cool for them to change some characters who didn't have to be a minority into one.  I mean, A white Black Panther wouldn't work, but a Black Nick Fury, who was in the Gulf War instead of WW II?  I've got no problem with that.

As far as Kingpin in the movie...eh.  Kingpin's whiteness has little to do with his character.  I was more concerned with Matt Murdock throwing a guy in front of a subway train and making a joke about it.

Yeah true lot's of stereotypes back then on the old comics. I’m all for multi racial cast but for the sake of continuity of old characters, please leave them alone. Just add aother Mutant or Hero.

But on the Daredevl part, that was the only redeeming quality they did. Because I had DAREDEVIL THE MAN WITHOUT FEAR SET #1 - 5 , he really has a dark background, he kinda started off killing gangs that where connected to the murder of his father, it was infact one of the most well written and my favorite mini series on his franchise IMO. And one of my first read when I was a kid.

He wore his cool first costume, black overalls and a blindfold.

:wub:

Even though he was rich and successful, if the only reason they made Kingpin black in the D.D. movie was for diversity, one must ask themselves, "hmm, they choose to cast the black man as a crime lord.....".

Of course, my guess (and hope) is that they cast a black man as Kingpin because he was the best actor for the job.

I thought he made a good Kingpin.

I really couldnt see any other actor doing it. The Kingpin isnt big because he's fat, but because 99% of that is all muscle, and Micheal Clark Duncan or whatever his name is, fits the build perfectly.

I mean it would just look stupid and silly to have John goodman playing the role. I really couldnt imagine Dan Conner trying to rule over Hells Kicthen.