Jon

favourite HB artist???

I dont know any of Corbens work apart from Hard Time, which i found atrocious most of the time (Mostly of the liliputan thing).

Any samples of his good work?

Okay, I retract that he's not cut out for comic work. That is much, much, much better (I rather like the colors). Much more stomachable than his work on Hard Time, which from how I remember it felt "cramped" with, yes, the terrible proportions.

I guess he got pressured or something?

What's so wrong with weird proportions?

Burial%20Lord%20Orgaz%20El%20Greco.jpg

Separated at birth? Together, him and Corben make one hell of a proportionate figure...

Ah, but this is El greco's famous painting "Snow White becomes a widow", and everyone in the picture SHOULD be a midget...

That's a towel - he was having a shower, when this unwanted guest rang the doorbell...

Corben is an aquired taste, thats for dure, I think I have some of hes work in the old Marvel Epic magazines.

His mainstream comic work is sometimes a bit odd, but he is a great artist in the overall sense of what that means.

James

Okay, I retract that he's not cut out for comic work. That is much, much, much better (I rather like the colors). Much more stomachable than his work on Hard Time, which from how I remember it felt "cramped" with, yes, the terrible proportions.

In his defense, I think the "cramped" style was supposed to echo the caged life of prison. Just my guess. However, I did not care for the art in Hard Time.

In his defense, I think the "cramped" style was supposed to echo the caged life of prison. Just my guess. However, I did not care for the art in Hard Time.

I didn't like the are at first, but upon later readings it grew on me.

I think Corben's a great artist but he wasnt suited for Hellblazer AT ALL. And even separate from that, his work on Hard Time just wasnt that Good.

It wasn't the good kind of cramped. It was the bad kind of cramped art that did not work for me.

I can see it growing on me, but that'd just be my tolerance.

And Rogan, that is mighty sexy. It just needs more paper bag to be Mr. Lauren.

I adored Corben's art during that storyline. Granted, I wouldn't have been able to stand it on pretty much any other HB arc, but like others have said, it suited the "John in prison" bit perfectly. A lot of the faces he drew struck as being very similar to many of the faces drawn in the first Delano storyline, way back when.