The New Wildstorm

Care of someone on the V, who presumably nicked it from Wizard -

Grant Morrison/Jim Lee on Wildcats

Gail Simone/Talent Caldwell on Gen 13

Grant Morrison/Gene Ha on Authority

Brian Azzarello/Carlos D'Anda on Deathblow

Garth Ennis/Chris Sprouse on Midnighter

Mike Carey/Whilce Portracio on Wetworks

Wow. Ennis on Midnighter. I can't think of anyone I'd be less interested in seeing write a book about a gay superhero.

The rest of the line-up looks good, though. I won't be buying many of the books, but they seem to have made some solid choices. I may check out Morrison's Authority - I haven't really enjoyed any of the post-Ellis versions, but if anyone can get me interested, it's probably Morrison.

I certainly can't think of a better writer of superheroes at the moment. No-one else is in the same league - even allowing for the disappointing shitness of Mr Miracle. I'd love to see him writing an ongoing series with at least one of the Seven Soldiers, too.

Mind you, DC have made some pretty good announcements about post-Crisis writing teams of late. Paul Dini writing a 'core' Batman book is just such an obviously good idea that I can't believe they've never done it before - now, if only they'd see sense and get Dwayne McDuffie to write JLA...

this occured me as possible after the latest Kev mini, though i dismissed the thought as ludicrous.

Grant Morrison/Jim Lee on Wildcats

Grant Morrison/Gene Ha on Authority

Brian Azzarello/Carlos D'Anda on Deathblow

Mike Carey/Whilce Portracio on Wetworks

$OLD

I seem to recall hearing/reading about Mike Carey doing Wetworks like about a year os so ago.

Heard about Grant doing Wildcats but no the Authority. Sounds good.

I might check out the Midnighter Just to see how over the top and silly ennis gets.

:ohmy: -Garth Ennis on "Midnighter"? They're just asking for trouble!

Authority just won't die, will it? I'll give it a look with Morrison.

I agree that I'd rather see Morrison helping the DCU.

Wow. Ennis on Midnighter. I can't think of anyone I'd be less interested in seeing write a book about a gay superhero.

I know what you mean this will in all likelihood be ridiculous but there is a slim chance it will be sublime.

You wonder what they were thinking when they put him on that title. Unless Ennis reinvents himself and does something different than everyone is expecting. He's got the talent, but who knows if he has the flexibility and motivation....

Magic 8 Ball says no...Ennis will [over-used word]inue to disappoint as long as Lou K continues to buy.

Well, i think the preview pages/interviews will at least be something to check out, if onyl for a few free laughs on his account, otr to see if it really IS something worth buying...

Grant Morrison/Jim Lee on Wildcats : Looking forward to seeing where they take the idea next - for all the praise Casey's run got, I personally thought it fell apart less than 12 issues into Version3.0 - I'll be stunned if this isn't played as pretty much straight forward superheroes.

Gail Simone/Talent Caldwell on Gen 13 : Her Villains United yoke was quite good but BOP was all about the booty and I'd expect the same here - so probably not going to be my thing.

Grant Morrison/Gene Ha on Authority : Wha ?!? Gene Ha ?!? In terms of talent that's a cracking combination - if they can't spark some life into the franchise, then it really is time to call it a day. Brubaker's run was rubbish, end of.

Brian Azzarello/Carlos D'Anda on Deathblow : Could go either way, D'Anda is a great choice of artist if, as I suspect, they're going for a hard-core military assassin protagonist.

Garth Ennis/Chris Sprouse on Midnighter : This cements my gut feeling that Midnighter is Kev's old mate Tiny and that this comic will be an excuse for loads of cool SAS flashbacks and silly current-day antics. More accurate title will probably end up being "Kev Co-Starring The Midnighter".

Mike Carey/Whilce Portracio on Wetworks : Big gold motherfuckers shooting the shit out of vampires - just the kind of thing you'd expect from Mike "You are Huge! That Means You Have Huge Guts!" Carey.

Garth Ennis/Chris Sprouse on Midnighter : This cements my gut feeling that Midnighter is Kev's old mate Tiny and that this comic will be an excuse for loads of cool SAS flashbacks and silly current-day antics.  More accurate title will probably end up being "Kev Co-Starring The Midnighter".

That thought never even occured to me! That could make it interesting, up to a certain point...

Guest spiderlegs

Morrison writing the Authority kicks ass! I thought the title was washed up, but he'll breathe some life into that horribly used up blow-up doll!

Wasn't Azzarello supposed to write the Authority after Millar, about Authority vs. 2nd coming of Jesus?

If memory serves, Azzarello's basic idea was The Authority vs Jesus but when September 11th happened he bowed out, saying the subject matter didn't seem right to him (or something along those lines).

I'll check out the Authority and Wildcats and maybe the Midnighter.

"If memory serves, Azzarello's basic idea was The Authority vs Jesus but when September 11th happened he bowed out, saying the subject matter didn't seem right to him (or something along those lines)."

That was very tasteful of him after the fact that Jesus caused 9/11 was revealed. Of course, like most things in life, it ended up getting blamed on the Muslims somehow....

I think I should have gone with God, not Jesus there as I think Azzarello was going to have various aspects of belief being beat up by The Authority...maybe he was worried someone was going to crash a couple of planes into his gaff, who knows ?

Either way, I don't think he would've been a good match for the title.

Me either . I remember reading about why he bowed out after 911 . He said he didn't feel like writting explosions of blowing up countries after 911 he said he felt it was bad taste and timing .