Lost_Johnny

War Lord

Well someone has to. :-?

Okay i'm going to end this here.... :biggrin:

I meant not you! Hahaha yeah ............. lets just end it.

Don't say the "C" word !

You'll summon the Hagren !

hoho...

Thats not right i heard you had to say it 3 times.

Constantine Constantine Constantine ............ Oh Hey Keanu.......

Oh rite thats how you get keanu reeves her........

So Keanu about constantine 2 ... i think you should do it...............

Ha that's almost as dumb as saying bloody mary bloody mary bloody mar-

If any of the rest of you wish to say my name, just try it.........

bloody mary bloody mary bloody mary bloody .................. hell your quite cute.... lets fuck!

Finally got a good chance to take a run at this and have to say that I'm really quite enjoying it, really worth an afternoon or two of anyone who enjoys the exploits of John Constantine.

There are parallels in the story to Mike Carey's run, namely in the globe-spanning nature of same and John's heavy use of magic. As with Demons, John (Shirley) treats magic almost like a science with talk of psychic fields and the like. There's something about this approach which proves quite unsettling when it comes to dealing with some of the horror elements, not too-sure what exactly it is but it works, so who cares. Speaking of Demons, this story would fit quite nicely into that particular world, which isn't a complaint as Constantine himself wouldn't feel out of place there.

On the negative side, Shirley tries a little too-hard at times when it comes to John's English-isms, there's quite a funny bit where he has a go at a foreigner for trying to use English slang which could almost be applied as equally to this incarnation of Constantine!

There's quite a bit of fan-service here, no up-trenchcoat shots but numerous seemingly throw-away references that will appeal to those who've spent far too much of their time with Constantine. One of my favourites comes about as John recounts a conversation with a Dalai Lama-esque character...

John mentions how the character in question told him how everyone has alternative reality versions of themselves, paraphrasing - "he even said there's one of me in some other reality, running around LA in a black coat, even got the lung cancer and got cured of it, wouldn't want to be bloody him though"

About 2/3 of the way through, will finish it this week if I can grab another evening to sit down with it.

I'm weeping as I read those words. Because Ive got soem fluff in my eye, but coincidence?....I think not.

Although the drive through Iraq scene was good.