sethos

Sethos's art (NSFW)

Pooka    820

I'm impressed by a man who can draw, but maybe if it's used as a chat up line it could come across a bit cheesy. Still, as long as you're not going round offering to paint women in the nip, it ain't too bad. :rolleyes:

sethos    5
I'm impressed by a man who can draw, but maybe if it's used as  a chat up line it could come across a bit cheesy. Still, as long as you're not going round offering to paint women in the nip, it ain't too bad. :rolleyes:

well, no, I'm not that bad... but it is surprising how many women come up to me when I'm drawing something. It's a great way to get into a conversation with somebody. and girls do seem to love it when I draw them.

Rogan    176
different kind of pic, portrait I drew about a year ago of Karianne, the girl in the Celtic department who is often running through my head. Alas, she has a boyfriend. then again, she's also a great friend, so I'm okay with just being friends as well... she's mighty cute though (nowadays her hair is down to her shoulders and blonde, which is less appealing to me for some reason). anyway, here's the pic:

karianne%20-%20ink%20and%20pencil%20medium.JPG

oh, and yeah, the head and body size don't match on purpose, I was going for a bit of a "forced perspective" thing that nearly works.

she reminds me of my friend Rambo... short hair is indeed better on some women, and i noted the forced perspective, it seemed cute, like in the Giffen JLI/A/E issues covers, where they all stare up at the reader... :)

sethos    5
she reminds me of my friend Rambo... short hair is indeed better on some women, and i noted the forced perspective, it seemed cute, like in the Giffen JLI/A/E issues covers, where they all stare up at the reader... :)

never saw those covers, any linkie? I was more inspired by the art of James Jean, his covers for Fables also feature these strange, not-quite-right-in-their-proportions figures which are utterly beautiful.

Josh    6

Did you draw her just now? And did you have reference or do it from memory. Whatever the case, I'm impressed (and wish I could draw like that).

sethos    5
Did you draw her just now?  And did you have reference or do it from memory.  Whatever that case, I'm impressed (and wish I could draw like that).

nah, I did that a while ago during a lecture. wasn't easy either, as she kept moving in her seat!

;)

sethos    5

since we were talking about zombies in the "Today, I..." thread, I was thinking it might be nice to point out some of the lovely zombies I've put in my gallery. cause I'm good at self-promotion :blink:

EDIT: okay, Elfwoodis apparently stopping hotlinking again. bigger

Evil Dead 2 ripoff zombie:

zombie 1

my favourite zombie:

zombie 2

Abhimanyu    20

you do great portraits, sethos.......i like how you capture expressions on people's faces....whether you do it from memory or whether you actually see them like that, its quite impressive either way.

sethos    5
you do great portraits, sethos.......i like how you capture expressions on people's faces....whether you do it from memory or whether you actually see them like that, its quite impressive either way.

thanks man!

sethos    5

a new pic, which yes, I totally ripped off from the GB&U DVD cover. I still like it though, as it was one of my recent brush experiments. I'm usually crap with a brush but I found this mondo cool brushpen which works wonders for me.

GBU.JPG

Rogan    176

wow! Extra cool, Seth!

i think Lou will now HAVE to score you some Rude stuff (;)) to reward this pleasure you bestowed upon us...

sethos    5

thank John!

as for my Spanish, hey, I only took it about four weeks or so in high school... more than ten years ago.

hehe yeah, again sorry.

So is drawing a thing you do pretty commonly? Like youve got spare time so you pull out paper and start doodling? Because I know I should draw more, but I basically only do it out of a weird sense of duty haha. And I generally dont because Im not that good :) I guess thats why I do photography :)

sethos    5
hehe yeah, again sorry.

So is drawing a thing you do pretty commonly? Like youve got spare time so you pull out paper and start doodling? Because I know I should draw more, but I basically only do it out of a weird sense of duty haha. And I generally dont because Im not that good :) I guess thats why I do photography :)

I always bring a sketchbook along in case I'm inspired or something... sadly, right now that is the way I do most of my drawing... not a lot of inspiration otherwise :angry:

Josh    6

Did you draw her just now?  And did you have reference or do it from memory.  Whatever that case, I'm impressed (and wish I could draw like that).

nah, I did that a while ago during a lecture. wasn't easy either, as she kept moving in her seat!

;)

You are talented. B)

Pooka    820
since we were talking about zombies in the "Today, I..." thread, I was thinking it might be nice to point out some of the lovely zombies I've put in my gallery. cause I'm good at self-promotion  :blink:

EDIT: okay, Elfwoodis apparently stopping hotlinking again. bigger

Evil Dead 2 ripoff zombie:

zombie 1

my favourite zombie:

zombie 2

Sean, would you let me use the zombie girl as my avatar for a bit, please? They're all excellent, btw.

Pooka    820

She looks damn fucking cool, don't she? Cheers again babe. Keep drawing, you're great!