sethos

Sethos's art (NSFW)

*ponders about writing a short horror story, soon to be adapted into an adventure game : I have no penis and I must fuck*

You kill me, Rogan. (I'm sending this to my girlfriend, who's even more of a Harlan Ellison fan than Christian.)

You search all your life to find The One and it turns out to be Rogan. :(

You can imagine how surprised and depressed Trinity and Morpheus were...

and those two boyguards look suspiciously like Tommy Monaghan, and his black buddy, forgot his name...

Oh that's ace. Specially the bit about running over Santa probably scarring some children for life. :lol: And the fat Italian Superman. :lol:

hehe, I thought you sick mind would appreciate it, Pooka ;)

And  Bud Sardine has just become one of my favorite xmas stories.  B)

I tried to come up with the lamest name ever for a hardboiled character. I think I've excelled myself with this one...

and those two boyguards look suspiciously like Tommy Monaghan, and his black buddy, forgot his name...

really? well, it's a coincidence: didn't start reading Hitman till years after doing this one.

Ooh, ooh! Now do one about a zombie Santa. In a tank. With a flame thrower! :lol:

more drawings, this time showing off some of the different techniques I'm trying to master:

girl%20drawn%20during%20class.JPG

my attempts at brushwork. a quick sketch of one of my fellow students.

gracebig.jpg

one of my all time favourites. there's a smaller version in my gallery, but I just wanted to show off the crosshatching. it's Grace Kelly, btw. from a pic I stole from Empire magazine.

Rinchen2.JPG

crowquill and watercolours. ex-girlfriend of mine (a Tibetan girl I met in Nepal)

tough%20girl.JPG

just crowquill but with a pointillism style of shading, trying to emulate a European artist called Caza. not really something I'd try again, though this one is quite good :) apart from her fingers, which are weirdly thick.

i simply loved the Grace Kelly one, the Coza one works well as a head shot best, the first one has waaaay too big a head and a weird neck, though i lovew what you did with her hair, and the tibetan girl looks plain ugly to me (no insult intended to your taste in girlfriends or your skill as a portretist... ;))

Sean, I like the various techniques you're showing. Very interesting. The Grace Kelly drawing is lovely, and very well done.

Actually, the Tibetan girl portrait seems a very good likeness to me... I know a girl who looks a lot like that, same cheekbones and facial structure. Never mind what Rogan says - I like it.

i simply loved the Grace Kelly one, the Coza one works well as a head shot best, the first one has waaaay too big a head and a weird neck, though i lovew what you did with her hair, and the tibetan girl looks plain ugly to me (no insult intended to your taste in girlfriends or your skill as a portretist... ;))

you, my friend, have no taste in women. as for the sketch of the girl, well, it was meant to look that way: it was just a kind of caricature thing. the hair (and face, IMO) are indeed the best things about it though.

Sean, I like the various techniques you're showing. Very interesting. The Grace Kelly drawing is lovely, and very well done.

Actually, the Tibetan girl portrait seems a very good likeness to me... I know a girl who looks a lot like that, same cheekbones and facial structure. Never mind what Rogan says - I like it.

thank you Maddi :D

My initial reaction to your Tibetan girlfriend drawing was similar to Rogan's but it since has grown on me and I now find her attractive. There's something unusual in it and I go back to it more frequently than to any of the others. I like all of your work here, especially the Grace Kelly which is beautiful. The face on the bottom woman looks a bit like Corben's work of another comic artist who's name I can't quite place. She's well-wrought altogether and great from the waist down.

That Grace Kelly one is beautiful, Sean. Do you take commisions, cos I'd pay you to draw me.

That Grace Kelly one is beautiful, Sean. Do you take commisions, cos I'd pay you to draw me.

I'd be hesitant to ask money for any drawing, really, especially portraits, as they can be really hit and miss for me. but if you send me a clear picture, I'd be willing to try (it might take a while though - another reason why I don't feel comfortable charging anything)

Well, we'll work summat out, PM me your addy and I'll get something in the post. I'll find some way of saying thanks. ;) If I'm not posting a lot it means my connection's still down and we'll use Donny as a go between. I really appreciate this, man.

Well, we'll work summat out, PM me your addy and I'll get something in the post. I'll find some way of saying thanks. ;) If I'm not posting a lot it means my connection's still down and we'll use Donny as a go between. I really appreciate this, man.

PMed ya!

So, have you ever considered making comics then Sean?

Aw, you should. Even if it takes a long time. Some things are worth waiting for.

I cannot believe I never added this one before, totally forgot it wasn't in my Elfwood gallery. Anyway, my ode to Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon:

Crouchingtiger-farewell.JPG

(yes, I should have really added a bit of detail to the underside of the bridge, I know. but the Zhang Ziyi figure is one of my favourite bits of drawing ever. I like her hands and hair especially. oh and, yes, her feet are hidden by her body and clothes. I didn't forget to draw them. I think)

EDIT: oh christ, I hope I haven't spoiled the flick for anybody now.

hmm, another pic that seems to be missing is a desert landscape I drew ages ago, and was porbably removed from Elfwood due to it not being pure fantasy. well, here it is anyway. copied from a National Geographic, mostly.

desertscape.JPG