Sign in to follow this  
Rogan

Death, let's make a deal...

All of those books were awful (although Morrison did write a few things for them).

I'm ashamed I let Danzig name his comic company after me now! :angry:

I remember the "Death Dealer" comics from Glenn Danzig's abysmal Verotik imprint. horrid.

My wife has a few comics "penned" by Glen Danzig. What a mess.

No, no. There's nothing funny about Danzig, at all. The man comes to me, "I'm going to start a very high-brow, intellectual comic book comany. Can I name it after you?" I said, "Glenn. Intelligent? You? I don't know...." "Come on, man. I want to use your name. I'll even let Grant Morrison write something." "Morrison? Really? Well....OK."

And then look what happens!

The man is wee, angry and frequently shirtless. He also is responsible for the song "Mother," and, due to his days with The Misfits, spawned the entire Hot Topic/emo trend destroying America's youth. All of that combined smacks me right in my nads like a giant ball of hilarity hit by the bat of ludicrousness.

That's because he didn't steal your name for a crappy comic book company!

Mother, tell your children not to come my way

Tell your children not to hear my words,

What they mean or say.

MOTHER!!!

It was a series of dodgy sword and sorcery paperbacks (there were at least three) before Danzig decided to try and milk it, though. Apparently the original inspiration was a painting Frank Frazetta did in the '70s, so it might have been for Creepy or Eerie or something, I suppose (it wasn't for vampirella, looking at it...)