Slickevil

Spidermans new costume.....

:icon_cry: :icon_cry: :icon_cry: :icon_cry: :icon_cry: :icon_cry: :icon_cry:

The kids'll get a new toy out of it, and the fans will get old Spidey in just 3-4 months...

Erik Larsen had a great column about htis very thing :

http://www.comicbookresources.com/columns/?column=20

Yeah, I know. It just cheapens the whole thing, you know? :icon_cry:

At least the black costume looked cool.

Imagine the closet where he throws all of his "HIP BRAND NEW SPIDEY AS YOU'VE NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE" costumes.

It'd br filled with the black suit, the Spider-Armour, this one in a couple of months, and probably a few of Ben Reilly's.

Oh yeah, and all those 'Slingers' ones that he had when he went through that identity crisis. Actually, they got donated to wannabe superheroes though, didn't they?

I can't think of any superhero who has gone through as many costume changes as Spidey. Its like he's presenting the academy awards or something.

Jay's right. It cheapens the whole thing.

What would be an awesome Spidey story (as told by Jenkins or David) would be, on a rainy Sunday afternoon, Peter Parker goes digging through his closet and finds all those old costumes in the back and wonders "what the hell he was thinking"!

I'm planning to start buying "Friendly Neighborhood Spider Man" (David) with issue #5 because all this cross-over crap is supposed to be over and the description of the story sounds really good.

Look at how sad that's made Slick!

Damn you, Marvel! Damn you to Hell!

He didn't want to have to fuck you! You made him fuck you, and it made Slick cry!

Something about Peter, Mary Jane, and Aunt May losing their home, and when Spider Man agreed to join the Avengers, Tony Stark let the Parker family stay at his penthouse or Avengers' mansion or something.

Peter Parker is Tony Stark's low-income special project.

Oh yeah, and all those 'Slingers' ones that he had when he went through that Identity Crisis.

Poor old Petey, are those three claw-arm things some kind of techno-crutch Tony threw together for him till he, um, y'know - heals.

He's turned into a half-man, half-spider head eating monster. Or at least, he had about a month ago. Dunno if they got bored of that plotline already.

Don't forget the bit where he connected with The Web, or The |Green, or whatchamacall it, and became The Spider Elemental :

amazingspiderman527097nr.th.jpg

amazingspiderman527107oz.th.jpg

amazingspiderman527111wc.th.jpg

amazingspiderman527123er.th.jpg

amazingspiderman527131ly.th.jpg

amazingspiderman527143pw.th.jpg

amazingspiderman527156de.th.jpg

Aren't they though. How many times must different characters go through the same things (or y'know the same characters go through the same things). It's disheartening.

That is almost entertaining in some sick perverse way, wouldnt want to spend money on it though :)

Wasn't the central appeal of Spiderman is that no matter what he does as a superhero, there are still problems in life he cant solve? At his heart, he's just some kid who (after a twist of fate, that spider could have bitten anyone) still has those same problems as everyone.

Also he's not quite the deep, dark brooding type from what I've seen (which isnt much), isnt he meant to be more happy-go-lucky but with his share of woes to go along with it? Those panels above just seem to far away from that, in my no-doubt misinformed opinion...

want me to post the rest of it? He comes back from the dead, and everyone takes it for granted, they even have a nice oul' supper in his honor...

There's only so much that can be done with a character that's been around for 40 years.

Especially one that's aimed at teenage boys.

(insert Catholic Priest joke upon quoting)

amazingspiderman527190qk.th.jpg

amazingspiderman527207vz.th.jpg

amazingspiderman527213ty.th.jpg

amazingspiderman527222xb.th.jpg

amazingspiderman527239mz.th.jpg

amazingspiderman527245nc.th.jpg

Oh, and where do you want your catholic priest joke inserted, eh?

Oh, and where do you want your catholic priest joke inserted, eh?

Somewhere between the hackneyed, Zenish, ripped-off imagery and the bastardization of the PoMoLitCrit/Derridaian concepts.

I'm SO glad I'm not wasting my cash on this type of garbage anymore. Now how do I get that foul aftertaste out of my mouth?

<shudder>