Slickevil

Spidermans new costume.....

Now how do I get that foul aftertaste out of my mouth?

Are we still talking about the catholic priest, or...? ;)

:lol:

Sadly, I'm afraid my level of attractiveness to Catholic priests is somewhere approaching zero seeing as I'm:

a) over the age of consent

b) of the non-preferred gender

I guess there are always some errant, "Thorn Birds" types whose taste doesn't follow the norm, but seeing as I'm not even Catholic, my odds of running into one of them are horribly low. Just my luck. ;)

Thanks for the scans Rogan. :)

What's with Peter being Tony Stark's bitch now, anyway?

Now that they're all living in the same building, Mary Jane needs to make it with Tony Stark, since it'll make a nice follow on to Gwen Stacy making it with Norman Osborn. 8-)

What's with Peter being Tony Stark's bitch now, anyway?

Now Mary Jane needs to make it with Tony Stark, since it'll make a nice follow on to Gwen Stacy making it with Norman Osborn. 8-)

They seriously didn't need 12 issues to spin out that "Other" storyline.

Reginald Hudlin's bit was terrible, as was his stint on Marvel Knights Spider-Man. I get the impression that that title has really collapsed from the idea Mark Millar had of having revolving creative teams every twelve issues. Especially now that they're changing it to Sensational Spider-Man. They need to stop starting and then stopping Spider-Man titles and just stick with it. They could have continued Spectacular after Paul Jenkins left.

I don't think Straczinsky has brought anything worthwhile in his entire run of Amazing.

Having said all of that, I'll probably continue to read it until it gets better. But I'll be damned if I pay for it.

Babylon 5 is a big pile of shit!

I'm sure I'll not like the answer, but here's the question anyway: where did all MJ's modelling/acting money go and why can't she afford to take care of May's bills?

I seem to recall that she blew it all at the start of Mark Millar's Marvel Knights: Spider-Man.

Back when Spider-Man was good.

Im not reading the SM comics, but even i find this new costume ugly.

The old one is one of my fav superhero costumes, why would they fuck that brill thing they had up?

I mean many people do read still Spidey, dont they?

So why changing him?

It looked awesome in certain posed shots, but it was totally impractical to draw. (Try counting all the panels where it looks like a cyan costume with black shadows!) That's kinda funny considering one of the reasons for introducing it in the first place was that the web-covered costume was too time-consuming for the artists.

I liked the costume one of the clones wore as Spider-man — not that sweatsuit thing, but the one with the web-shooters on the outside, and minor changes like varicolored fingers. That looked nifty.

They're gonna go back to the original anyway, and no doubt when it happens it'll be an emotional moment for Peter. :icon_rolleyes:

It speaks volumes against comics readers as a collective that it's a major event to us when a character changes his outfit. For fuck's sake.

They're gonna go back to the original anyway, and no doubt when it happens it'll be an emotional moment for Peter.

I'm hoping he'll punch out Tony Stark and yell "I'm not wearing your lame ass fucking costume anymore!"

And Leave the Avengers.

You missed the 1990s, didn't you Jason?

Doesn't it kind of ruin the Friendly Neighbourhood thing when after he rescues the little old lady from the purse snatcher, he eats her head?

Spider Man was ruined the moment he married Mary Jane. Nerdy, little, awkward Peter Parker marries a supermodel....OK....Then, he must angst over whether he's really in love with hot supermodel or if he wants another assortment of fine, beautiful women.

Peter Parker should've married some nerdy, science major.

You just stop caring about "poor puny Parker" and all his problems after you realize, "Damn! He's having sex with that red head?! Who cares if he can't pay the rent!".

Paul Jenkins, I love you.

He was rather good, wasn't he. Its a bid odd that they've killed him and ressurrected him with NEW POWERS, when Paul Jenkins pretty much did the same thing near the end of Spectacular Spider-Man. Are they just ret-conning that?

It annoyed me that Paul Jenkins wasn't part of the larger Spider-Man direction it was like he and JMS didn't even try to make their titles sync up.

They should have let him control the direction Spidey was going in, and I don't think they give him enough credit at Marvel. I'm sure he could have made something more credible than that "The Other" bollocks.

Mayhaps its time for him to go over to DC?

"If you ever die again...I'll kill you"

That stuff is utter, utter, utter shit.

It's all so clumsy - "We burned all your suits...oh, whatever shall we do ?"

"No worries matey, I made them all myself - 20 minutes with a sewing machine and I'll be set"

"Are you me ? Or him ? Or maybe that chap over there ? No, you're probabl you...or are you ? Maybe you are me and I am you and we are all together, hmmmm ?"

Hey, quit giving the black costume such nasty looks! I wish it had stuck around, even just being used every so often...

The Larsen article was pretty spot-on...though some of his examples were way off. Stunts like everything "life changing" that's happened to Spidery, Superman and Batman over the last 20 years are obviously just weak attempts to stir up interest in a stagnant character and boost sales with no intention of the changes being permanent...but bringing up characters like Bucky seems a bit of a stretch. It's not like he was killed off 40 years ago with the intention of using his return as a shameless marketing ploy...Brubaker is the only one to try it so far, and he's done a brilliant job of it. And DC has made some lasting changes to their characters and seemed intent on sticking with them until mewling "super writers" whine to bring them back, namely Barry Allen and Hal Jordan.

What's my point? Er...Spider-Man looks retarded. So there.

An update from Newsarama:

Newsarama

An interview with JMS: JMS

And a couple of highlights from the above interview:

"We've always said that this is not going to be permanent. I don't want to give out specifics, because that would compromise aspects of Mark's Civil War story, but I'd certainly expect the original costume to be back sometime by 2007."

"The eyepieces in the suit can allow him to zoom in to objects at a reasonable distance and can record what they see; it's returned the webbing beneath his arms (which can come and go) and gives him the ability to glide for very short distances (as many spiders can glide on air currents). It has reinforced body armor, a GPS system, a built in communications system, and the arms can extend or retract from a system on his back. They can look around corners so that he can see the image in his eyepieces, much as army personnel now have video cameras that can look around corners, handle delicate work, and they can be used somewhat in a fight, but not a lot because they're not really meant for that."

This all leads into:

CIVILWAR-01cova.jpg

"Civil War"

(Notice what costume Spidey's sportin')