Nettie

You probably know this already but...

yes, but you said "something decent", which implied that Constantine WILL be a pile of...

;)

Hitch

A professional matchmaker's program is threatened by a female journalist who enrolls as a student and plans on publishing an exposé on his fradulent methods

Will Smith .... Alex "Hitch" Hitchens

Release Date : February 11th, 2005.

Did anyone else see anything about that other movie (which happens to star Nick Cage) about a treasure hunter using Mason symbols left behind by America's "founding fathers"?

Somehow, it reminds me of the plot for "Constanteen" as I've heard it, and it stars Cage (who was originally supposed to play J.C.)....

Guest TearsInRain
Did anyone else see anything about that other movie (which happens to star Nick Cage) about a treasure hunter using Mason symbols left behind by America's "founding fathers"?

Somehow, it reminds me of the plot for "Constanteen" as I've heard it, and it stars Cage (who was originally supposed to play J.C.)....

The two plots couldn't be more different. Cage is Indian Franklin Jones going after a treasure who's location is hidden in the markings of a dollar bill. It's a PG heaist film that is amped up to try and capture the Mummy/Indian Jones tone and audience. Constantine is a dark rated Rfilm more about mood and tone than an outrageous plot. It establishes a new character in a world that hopefully can spin off several, even better, seqeuls.

Constantine is a dark  rated Rfilm more about mood and tone than an outrageous plot.  It establishes a new character in a world that hopefully can spin off several, even better, seqeuls.

You're having a laugh !

Who's Indian Jones? Is he like Ghandi with a bullwhip?

Nah, more like a tomb raider with an archeology degree :) I swear I've never seen so many "priceless archeological discoveries" turned into rubble so quickly.

As for National Treasure... well honestly it looks like it'll be shitty, but fun, and since there's a free showing on campus on Tuesday... Hey, I'm a college student, I'll go to almost anything if it's free!

Man, you lads, give the poor fella a break. He's only doing his job.

It's nothing personal Tears, I mean we all know that certain changes had to be made to get this film made. Everyone knows that British characters don't translate well in America unless they're villains. Well, apart from James Bond.

Oh and Harry Potter.

And I guess those Hobbity chaps are quite British.

And Obe Wan Kinobe.

And Billy Conolly.

ANd don't forget the American female audience's obsession with accents (yes, not all of the are British): Johnathan Rhys Meyers, Sean Connery, Mel Gibson, Russell Crowe, Jonny Lee Miller, Ewan McGregor, Ioan Gruffudd...

But of course that wouldn't appeal to their demographic at all :-)

... That Alfie film was quite popular too.

But you know; other than that.

Do you reckon if they were making Constrainteen now they'd have Jude in this guise ?

ANd don't forget the American female audience's obsession with accents (yes, not all of the are British): Johnathan Rhys Meyers, Sean Connery, Mel Gibson, Russell Crowe, Jonny Lee Miller, Ewan McGregor, Ioan Gruffudd... 

But of course that wouldn't appeal to their demographic at all :-)

Moronic young male action movie fans?