Nettie

You probably know this already but...

ANd don't forget the American female audience's obsession with accents (yes, not all of the are British): Johnathan Rhys Meyers, Sean Connery, Mel Gibson, Russell Crowe, Jonny Lee Miller, Ewan McGregor, Ioan Gruffudd... 

But of course that wouldn't appeal to their demographic at all :-)

Moronic young male action movie fans?

ANd 12-year-old girls in love with Shia.

Geesh, yeah! Lay off the poor guy! He's referring to the villain from Mark Twain's "Tom Sawyer": "Indian Jones"!

That was Injun Joe. (I'm surprised no one here said anything before now.)

One thing i definately want to know is why this movie isn't promoted more especially since february isn't that close away.

You'd expect at least the marketing campaign to kick off. And while the 18 min previews were a positive way of promoting constantine, that still doesn't mean that the general audience is going to see it.

A good example of this is HellBoy. A movie made for geeks by a geek.

It got huge praises on various movie review sites such as AICN , got raves on CON's but in the end it opened with 23 million and grosses less then 60 million.

And it's progress was followed by fans all over the internet and the director himself posted often on the official website's messageboard.

Constantine's marketing campaign should begin now. Cause that's the only way that more people are going to see this movie.

let's speculate. I don't know how much money WB has invested in this movie, but I'm guessing it's more than I'll see in three consecutive lifetimes. Would they be willing to let the investment disappear? what I mean is, do they suspect that they won't get their money back and they'd rather save the obscene amounts of money that are usually invested in a film's PR campaign?

as for what happened to Hellboy, I hate to say it, but Keanu Reeves might make the difference. He's more of a Hollywood star than those of the Hellboy cast and will get people to watch the movie.

I'm beggining to suspect that Constantine won't be released here-

Guest TearsInRain

The film was shifted a week for the longer President's day holiday weekend. That bodes well for a bigger Box Office opening take. I thought that was the first date in feb but was mistaken. The 18th is the holiday weekend.

There's no doubt WB will make some nice money on this movie due to the actors involved.

"Hellboy" as someone stated was a "comic book geeks field day". It wasn't made so that it would appeal to the largest percentage of movie audiences, as "Constantine" is.

"Constantine" will make much better money than "Hellboy".

I agree that Hellboy and Constantine are movies aimed at slightly different markets- thing is, shouldn't have they started promoting Constantine already? I can't say I usually pay that much attention to movie released and the promotion that it involves, so I'm not entirely sure if what we're seeing with Constantine is normal or not.

I don't know enough either. All I know is that in the States they put commercials for new movies on TV and place ads in magazines/comics about 1 month before release date.

Actually, Hellboy the movie was a pretty big deviation from the Hellboy book. But at least they got the main character right.

The film was shifted a week for the longer President's day holiday weekend.

Ho-ho-ho, we both know that's not true.

Anyway, as mentioned elsewhere, the Constantine trailer aired on an Irish movie programme so presumably we're seeing the start of the advertising campaign.

Of course they haven't actually finished the movie yet.

Actually, Hellboy the movie was a pretty big deviation from the Hellboy book. But at least they got the main character right.

Yyeah but it was made with the full cooperation of the creator. And that makes a huge difference. You can't go on and say that they've raped the comic book character if the creator is also heavily involved in the movie.