Jamesb

216 selling and sold out...

So I went ionto my local shops, to buy a third copy of Hellblazer, for a good friend, who stopped reading at issue 120. I had already bought a second copy for another friend, never read it.

I went into A place in Space and the lads seem to have it on re-order, but were efinatly sold out.

Forbiden Prices, CROYDON< was also sold out.

Went into Town yesterday, and met him, and we found a copy, in Orbital, on charing X rd. just got his comment.

was nice to read - felt like putting on an old comfortable pair of slippers (not that I've slippers since I was 8)

I may go and buy a few more issues, some people I know have just fallen out of buying comics, and its a perfect jumping on point.

has anyone else managed to entice friends with it?

J

Hm. Wonder why it's popular? The (fluffy-pillow?) press or that people notice there is a new writer? The supply was healthly in-stock here.

I admit I had trouble looking for this issue. Bradstreet's covers I had no problem finding but this one, for some reason, did, even though it was in the same spot they have been putting the new Hellblazers for months.

Guest spiderlegs

Recently, I'm amazed by the number of HB readers we seem to have locally, and yet I'm the only one from both Dallas and Ft Worth who posts here. So, I was a little surprised that 216 AND 214 (the one with all our names care of Sir Tim) both were difficult for me to acquire--well, I had to hit 3 shops before getting 216 and 2 before I could obtain 214.

I notice at a lot of local comic shops there is only maybe three copies of Hellblazer on the shelf on the Wednesday its released. I sometimes have to check a few stores if I can't make it to the comic shop right away.

Perhaps if we say something to the owners, they'll order more copies.

I spoke to the guys in 'A Place in Space' I was mentioning the variety of positive reviews, and how I wouldnt agree with them all, but the interest aint a bad thing.

They are reordering hellblazer 216.

Retailers of course, may have been caught somewhat unawares, I had a look at Previews and it didnt really knock me out, or anything and we have discussed the lack of promotion, by DC themselves.

anyhow, I am fairly happy that some people have jumped on, or back onto the title. Interested to see if there is any increase in sales.

J

Recently, I'm amazed by the number of HB readers we seem to have locally, and yet I'm the only one from both Dallas and Ft Worth who posts here.

Say, I'm from around there too. :o Guess there is a silent readership, or some of them are like me and pick up some other series for a rainy day while others they read on the spot, or they're not large enough fans to go seek out forums.

I noticed the comic selling out at the shop I used to go to after the Keanusteen mess, but this was before I knew WHEN new comics came out.

The local shop I usually buy all my comics from only orders 4 copies of "Hellblazer". He has 3 customers who regularly buy the book (I'm 1 of the 3), and then he keeps one on the shelf in hopes that someone will buy it. He says he can only remember 3 issues where he ever sold out before the 3 regulars all got their copies.

Guest spiderlegs

I think the ones here do 6 issues. But here in the metroplex, I have 5 shops from which to choose. Really there are 8 but 3 of those are further north than I would ever prefer to go.