Guest spiderlegs

Ghost Rider

Do you have the trailer?

If not, i could place it on the net.

On the off. site you can watch a short qt movie how he looks (Spideys pictures are from that spot).

Yeah, it looks kinda cool, but also a bit cheesy and teenager-like. Though maybe the comic is like that too. But i didnt find any gratis-issue yet :)

Btw, why did they postpone it more than half a year?

I've seen the trailer. The effects look like shit. This is to distract from Nic's acting, methinks.

They should have gotten Keanu.

Oh god. Not to totally derail this thread, but there's the most sickening picture I have seen in a long time in the newest issue of "Newsweek".

It's the picture of a prison inmate, neo-Nazi. It's a tattoo covering his ENTIRE back. It's a swastika with the words IN MEMORY:ADOLPH HITLER around it.

Made me want to vomit.

My "no's" would be over a character that works better as a concept than in the actual execution. Ghost Rider works in VERY small doses...a few guest appearances here and there, the mini-series by Ennis wrapping up is quite good...but quite honestly, an entire series around him just doesn't seem to work, and in my opinion, never has. The less is known about the character the better, and en entire comic series or film focused on him is probably going to be the opposite of good.

Nick Cage’s face always bothered me. I can’t tell you why…it just does. If he HAS to be in a movie…let it be one where he wears a skull on his head. The more CGI involved in Nick’s face the better. Never been much of a fan of Ghostrider. Just not my flaming skulled motorcycle riding vengeance dealing cup of tea.

I have to say Ghost Rider is what got me involved with the supernatural side of comic books. First the Rider, then any other mystically inclined comic (Nightstalkers, Blade) which led me to Hellblazer. Parts of the series were good but when one writer leaves and another comes in with the big plan of 'Let's redo the whole character to fit MY way of doing things.' Hell no...it killed it for me. Now Ennis his LS was awesome...so I'm holding out hope.

As for the movie....I'll see.

I'm something of a mark for the grim'n'gritty superheroes so I've a peripheral interest in the character from that perspective, y'know I don't think I've ever read a single Ghost Rider comic though ?

Hey John, check any comic shop y' might be able to find the original series that came out in the latr 70's that's roughly what the movie is based after. And some of the 90's series is good, except the stuff donce by Ivan Velez Jr... And get Ennis's LS as well.

I was always fond of the Ghost Rider versus the Carnival of Freaks era myself. Musta been mid-80s sometime.