JohnMcMahon

Do you own a trenchcoat ?

Do you own a trenchcoat ?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own a trenchcoat ?

• Yes
    • No

I have two: This cheapo vinyl "DETECTIVE(!)" trench I got at this Halloween store for cosplay purposes, and this green-tannish looking one I bought on e-bay for a dollar that I thought would be brown but the camera lied. I'm not complaining; I paid more for shipping than the coat itself. It is also for cosplay purposes.

In other words, trenchcoats aren't my normal style, but I do occassional cosplay. No photos though. D:

More times than I'd care to admit. :)

Naah, I just channelled all my angst and misery into terrible, terrible poetry, for the most part. Fortunately, I destroyed almost all of it in a fit of violent self-awareness when I was about 18, and haven't written more than a couple of poems since. I'm just not very good at it.

There's a few pics of me wearing my brown mac on these boards. I've had it since high school and it fits a bit tight now. I was wearing it when I bought my first issue of Hellblazer so I didn't purchase it in some attempt to emulate J.C.

There's a few pics of me wearing my brown mac on these boards.  I've had it since high school and it fits a bit tight now.  I was wearing it when I bought my first issue of Hellblazer so I didn't purchase it in some attempt to emulate J.C.

I bought mine because I thought it might be raining when I was wearing a suit. I've not been in a job that's required me to wear a whistle rather than a rainproof coat as yet, so it seems to have been a waste of time.

I dont own one currently, but wore one constantly back in the formative years of 15-16 (tan, naturally, to match John's). I found it again in the back of a closet at my parents house last summer. I thought about dry cleaning it, but instead decided to throw it out.

Guest spiderlegs

I spend such little time in the trenches, I figured to own one would make me a trench poseur...

Guest spiderlegs

Dizzy freaking me! Today, I spent all day digging a fucking trench! Me! The guy what DON'T have no trenchcoat, me! I guess I'm no longer a trench poseur. How many of you trenchcoat owning sodders have actually dug a trench? I'm guessing I've jumped to the top of that particular list even without the proper outerwear...

Dizzy freaking me! Today, I spent all day digging a fucking trench! Me! The guy what DON'T have no trenchcoat, me! I guess I'm no longer a trench poseur. How many of you trenchcoat owning sodders have actually dug a trench? I'm guessing I've jumped to the top of that particular list even without the proper outerwear...

Aren't donkey jackets more traditional than trench coats for that sort of thing?