JohnMcMahon

And where is the Batman ?

....oh there he is.

Morrison said that he’s already plotted 15 issues, and in his first issue alone, he has 15 ninja man-bats as well as Talia, and the story is called “Batman & Son”. Morrison said Batman coming out of 52 OYL will be a more of a “fun guy, more healthy”, more like the “Neal Adams, hairy-chested, love-god” version of Batman.

Morrison on Batman, Paul Dini on Detective Comics.

Do excuse me, I think I've just come.

I wondered what that stuff was on the floor. :lol:

I think I'll check both titles out.

Paul Pope's Batman : Year 100 kicks off this week, good times for Bat-fans.

yay! I *heart* Paul Pope. apparently Adhouse Books is doing a big stonking hardcover of art and short comics by Pope later this year. I cannot wait.

Thanks for the tipoff, John.

Before too long, every title ever published will have had a "Grant Morrison era". :)

I wondered what that stuff was on the floor. :lol:

*walks in, slips and lands hard on the floor*

I will try to pick just one, but somehow I think I will be buying both in the end.

It's a no-brainer for me, really - I really can't imagine either of these books being less than good, particularly with the writers' pedigree. Paul Dini's take on Batman over the past 15 years or so of DC Animated projects has created pretty much the definitive version of the character, to my mind, and Morrison's simply the best writer of superhero comics currently active (and, indeed, possibly ever). Why would I even want to choose between the two? With the cancellation of Gotham Central, and my recent dropping of Detective Comics after a near-complete run from #742-814 (only missing the two issues from the War Crimes crossover, with which I simply could not be arsed), there was a danger of me being entirely without a Batman comic in my monthly pull list, too - which wouldn't have done at all.

Dini just gets it. He writes Batman and his support characters spot on. Other than the many animated series to find proof, check out his one-shot featuring the in continuity appearance of Harley Quin.

Morrison, same as Dini. He just gets the character. He did a great job on JLA. It was one of the main points I enjoyed about the series. Especially how Batman went up against the white Martians.

Although I do prefer my Batman to be the gloomy, scary type. More along the lines of Dini's animated series Batman rather than the "breaking the arms of teenage girls" bastard that DC had up until recently...

It's possible to be a gloomy, scary hairy-chested love god.

Read Morrison's JLA run. Best mainstream DCU-continuity version of Batman of the past 15 years.

"I KNOW YOUR SECRET"

Read Morrison's JLA run. Best mainstream DCU-continuity version of Batman of the past 15 years.

"I KNOW YOUR SECRET"

Cold fact.

But it's Supes chuckling about the martians underestimating Bats that gets me every time.

It will be Morrison for me.

Dini is fucking surgical in his understanding of Bats.

But you heard issue one's pitch, imagine #2 & #3!

"I KNOW YOUR SECRET"

What a moment that is...perhaps only heightened one or two pages later when he is outnumbered by the supervillains 3 to 1...

Was going to ask about that. I was pretty undecided on the basis of the publicity, but it sounds like it'll be worth it.

It's gorgeous, innit ?

The bit at the start with Batman running from the dogs and the drop of blood setting them off - brill!

yeah, it's awesome. I love how Pope's Batman looks like somebody who put together a suit out of existing stuff (especially the boots).