JohnMcMahon

And where is the Batman ?

Well I think scars are sexy on men and women. Much more so than tattoos. They give a sense of personality and history.

my friend and I were talking last night about what comic we'd like to write. And i would to do a story arc for lotdk called sleep is somethin I never get. I would have scarecrow and joker be good guys and play on certain aspects. My favorite LOTDK was Going Sane...

My favorite LOTDK was Going Sane...

word that was some serious shit. one of my all time favorite tales.

ST FINN PARISH:

Batman with Morrison and Kubert.

Whoa, Kubert? This deal gets better and better.

Mind you, it wouldn't be hard to improve on the current Batman. I just read #650 and it was dire. Judd Winick writes overblown narrative a la last century's Marvel comics, and as for the storyline, I had the feeling I'd seen all of it before. Both DC and Marvel have second-stringers on their flagship titles ATM.

Winick's Batman run was fucking awful - bad ideas, boringly executed. Thankfully, he's gone now. James Robinson is currently doing an 8-part "catching up with Gotham, One Year Later" story, crossing over between Detective Comics and Batman - I've read the first two parts, and it's shaping up reasonably well. More than a little on the slow side, but the central focus of the story seems to be on showcasing the all-new, post-Infinite Crisis Batman, who ISN'T A TOTAL DICK. Which is nice.

MARK:

Winick's Batman run was fucking awful - bad ideas, boringly executed.

You have to stop backing me up like this, darling, people will begin to suspect. :) Any chance of nipping over to the Re-Reading Morrison's JLA thread and telling 'em Aztek was shite?

At the risk of starting a slappy-fight, I have to say that Winick's Pedro and Me was pretty good. It started out a little clumsy, and the art looks amateurish on first glance, but it really grew on me. It's well worth reading, and Judd should be proud of it.

I was kidding when I said Winick sucked, don't worry.

But, I've never been impressed with anything of his that I've read, either.

And, from what I've seen of his work on Batman, it is indeed shite.

J.H. Williams III will be the artist on Paul Dini's run of Detective Comis.

Here's a link:

Detective artist

His Batman looks awesome and scary as hell.

With Morrison and Kubert and Williams and Dini, it is a hard choice.

I am going to end up buying both books aren't I?

Well!

Dress me up in small green undies and call me Robin! :unsure:

I'm actually going to be buying Monthly Batman.

I cant remember when the last time was...Azzarello?

And not just one but two!!!

Those are going to be runs though?

Hopefully not just 6 or 8 issues.

Yes. Just...yes.

I am a very happy fella. This is great news.

Even if it does come with the added sting in the tail that, apparently, Seven Soldiers #1 is going to be delayed still further. BASTARDS.

Testosterohne - as far as has been reported so far, both Morrison and Dini are on their respective titles for the forseeable future - they're the new ongoing writers, not just signing on for limited arcs. Dini claimed that he'll definitely be around for at least a year or so, then he'll see how things stand - Morrison, presumably, is in the same position.

Morrison and Dini are on their respective titles for the forseeable future - they're the new ongoing writers, not just signing on for limited arcs.

Sign me the fuck up for that.

Testosterohne - as far as has been reported so far, both Morrison and Dini are on their respective titles for the forseeable future - they're the new ongoing writers, not just signing on for limited arcs. Dini claimed that he'll definitely be around for at least a year or so, then he'll see how things stand - Morrison, presumably, is in the same position.

Fantastic.

Thats seems more long term than I had cynically expected from DC.

According to Ellis' latest Bad Signal e-mail, sent out a few hours ago, he's about to go off on holiday for a week or so, and he & Wildstorm hadn't had time to put together an announcement yet about what's going to happen to Jones. So, "wait and see", basically.

Looks like JHW3 will only be drawing the first 2 issues of Dini's Detective; after which I guess it's a few issues by Rags Morales, followed by whoever.