JohnMcMahon

And where is the Batman ?

Yeah, but Williams will apparently be coming back to do a few more issues after he's finished with Seven Soldiers #1. Looks like they'll be rotating artists, to take advantage of the told-in-one, single-issue-story format which Dini'll be using for his run. Works for me, so long as the artists they use are good...

Dini's doing one-offs for his run? I didn't think you were allowed to write that way anymore, as everything had to be in 6 part chapters for later trade. I hope this catches on.

I was kidding when I said Winick sucked, don't worry.

But, I've never been impressed with anything of his that I've read, either.

And, from what I've seen of his work on Batman, it is indeed shite.

That man brought back Jason Todd, thats good enough for me.

Man-bat Ninjas? Why are they Ninjas? Why is there 30 of them? Where did Man-bat come from in the first place?

Man-Bat was/is a scientist named Kirk Langstrom who for some reason used a serum he had created on himself (to cure some illness probably).

It went horribly wrong and caused him to transform into Man-Bat.

I he had a wife as well who tried to protect him from Batman and try and cure him but I think she got transformed in a female Man-Bat at some point.

Maybe they had lots of offspring who have then been trained as ninjas. :ph34r:

I don't know how to explain it.

Or perhaps a group of ninjas have all used Langstrom's serum to transform themselves into man-bats.

Batman fighting 30 Man-bat Ninja's. Sounds like a lot of fun. Their not your average ninja's. They can fly this time. :lol:

Morrison's plots do not need explanation! Like God, they just are! Either you believe in them or you do not, and if you do not, you go to comic hell where Chuck Austen writes Hellblazer!

Bruce Jones is writing a Man-Bat mini-series right now. I expected good things, dark horror movie style stuff. It's a stupid tie-in with all that Hush crap. I can't wait until DC gets over the Hush story-line and we never have to hear about it again. Geesh, sure the Loeb/Lee story-line was hugely popular 4 years ago when it first happened, but it killed sales on how many of your titles since then trying to milk the original?!

You think that sucks. Go read Nightwing right now. Seriously Bruce Jones is a fucking moron. Jason Todd sounds like he cae back from Alabama and the art is just a pile of monkey shit.

I'm hoping he gets to the point or disembowled with a rusty pocket knife. I mean seriously, the guy does not know what he is doing. He doesnt belong on Super Hero comics.

Thankfully, after he's done pissing me off, I have Paul Dini and Grant Morrison to calm me down. Paul Dini is the man who was made for writing Batman.

[ Spoiler :

Moon Knife.. What the fuck have you been smoking Bruce Jones.

I'm joking about this either, folks. Jason Todd held out his hand, and the Knife fell from the fucking Moon. Thus it was a Moon Knife, and you will fear it!!

]

He's turned Jason Todd into a moron. He's suposed to be a psychotic killer, not a former residence from Dilverence Alabama!!!

He's turned Jason Todd into a moron. He's suposed to be fucking DEAD, not alive

You made a few spelling mistakes there, Wolvy. I've corrected them for you.

He's turned Jason Todd into a moron. He's suposed to be fucking DEAD, not alive

You made a few spelling mistakes there, Wolvy. I've corrected them for you.

Blame Superboy prime..

DC really dropped the ball on that one. Everybody was expecting some really good reason for Jason Todd coming back.

He's a Zombie!!

He's a Hollow!

Parellel Universe!

He's a genetic Clone!

But what was the REAL reason? Superboy Prime throwing a hissy fit. :icon_rolleyes:

That doesnt explain how Batman was holding his lifeless corpse in his hands at the time. But whatever.

DC really dropped the ball on that one. Everybody was expecting some really good reason for Jason Todd coming back.

:angry: I fucking wasn't. Stupid idea, stupid execution, stupid character, stupid stories. All of them.

Atleast you will have Paul Dini and Grant Morrison to tell you that everything will be alright. :lol:

Eh, I've got James Robinson telling me that right now. I stopped buying Batman after the first issue of Winnick's Under The Hood, because it was painfully obvious that (a) he wasn't a very good Batman writer, and (b) he was going to be bringing Jason Todd back from the dead, which is a storyline I had no interest in reading. I've glanced through a few issues from later in his run, and don't regret dropping it at all. I've got better things to spend my time/money on.

Eh, I've got James Robinson telling me that right now.

Same here. I always liked the way Robinson wrote Bats while writing Starman. The current arc is kind of like Hush but minus the shit. My only complaint is the art, but the switching of artist every other issue. I like the artists, especially Leonard Kirk, but I wish DC would have used just one.

You think that sucks. Go read Nightwing right now. Seriously Bruce Jones is a fucking moron. Jason Todd sounds like he cae back from Alabama and the art is just a pile of monkey shit.

He's turned Jason Todd into a moron. He's suposed to be a psychotic killer, not a former residence from Dilverence Alabama!!!

Nightwing is really, really bad at the moment. Actually, I can barely remember when Nightwing was good. Why is Dick a model? Why is Jason wearing a suit? Why is the art so bad?

Bruce Jones is writing "Nightwing", eh?

Bruce Jones used to be a really good writer. He was nothing amazing, but you could usually always count on him writing a readable comic.

His "Hulk" run started out incredibly strong. Sure, the story ended up getting buried into the ground, but who else besides Paul Jenkins can say they've written a readable Hulk since Peter David?

Nightwing is really, really bad at the moment. Actually, I can barely remember when Nightwing was good. Why is Dick a model? Why is Jason wearing a suit? Why is the art so bad?

I think Dick accidently became a model, but still a lot of it sucks.

Jason Todd has a Knife he summons from the Moon.. Moon Knight should sue for copy right infringement.

The dialogue is just horrible.

Nightwing was actually very good during Chuck Dixons run. His orignal run was very very good. Devin Greysons first run was so-so. It didnt suck, but it wasnt great. It then became trash when she introduced us to the tarantula (god I wanted to kill her.). Then after that it got better little by little. Then after that, we got Bruce Jones taking huge shits all over it. I dont care what his excuse his. How does a psychotic killer who was trained by Batman as a kid, become somebody who ends up talking like their from Deliverence Alabama.

The artist is just a complete moron. :icon_evil:

Have there been any unmissable issues of Legends of the Dark Knight in the last year or two?

The last issue of Detective, finally has me onboard.

Spoilers may fly at every corner.

I really enjoyed the mirrored fear of Batman and Robin.

It's nice to see that even OYL, Infinite Crisis ans alterative worlds still play a large apart of their pysche.

And all of this whilst bats speaks on the phone!

It made for a cracking opening.

The Scarecrow now looks more like Hush meets Astro City's the Hanged Man.

I remember a Batman issue a while back, where Kelley Jones was pencilling, in it Bats go up against the Scarecrow again, but he had nose filters on.

This was great because it really pulled the rug right from under the Scarecrow.

Robinson's development, however is far more progressive.

Batman would rather just face the fear.

The only thing that I have really enjoyed in the previous issues so far, was Batman's relationship to Robin, which was quite nuanced.

I think that the returning Two Face is still obvious, even though they've worked hard to give it irony and some pathos.

Ultimately, he returns as Two Face, becuase Batman returns.

Nice.

I would just like to say that I have never knowingly buggered any wards of court with a prediliction for green speedos and pixie boots.

That would be wrong.