Sign in to follow this  
St. Finn Parish

Joker's Wild

Out of these five who would play the best Joker?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Out of these five who would play the best Joker?

• Michael Keaton
    • Willem Dafoe
    • Vince Vaughn
    • Jim Carey
    • John Malkovich

Okay let's test the waters. Who would you pick for everyone's favorite morose, grinning psychopath, The Joker? I'm not necessarilly wanting realistic answers as to who you pick to be the Joker in the next movie I just want to know who would be your dreamteam actor for this role. Living or dead doesn't matter.

Okay let's test the waters. Who would you pick for everyone's favorite morose, grinning psychopath, The Joker? I'm not necessarilly wanting realistic answers as to who you pick to be the Joker in the next movie I just want to know who would be your dreamteam actor for this role. Living or dead doesn't matter.

Paul fucking Bettany...oh, wait. Wrong thread. Sorry!

What if we don't like any of the choices given in your poll?

I like John Malkovitch from "Being John Malkovitch", so I'd have to give him the nod in this poll (POOL?! :biggrin: )

John Malkovich is a very good actor... so I voted for him

Dafoe was the Spidey foe so I cant wrap my mind with him

as a Bat foe. Seems wrong, somehow.

And Keaton used to be the batguy. Now that would be wrong.

Carey was already a Bat foe - the Riddler, so no.

and I cant think who is Vince Vaughn now.

I didnt say I was going to be logical, did i?

What if we don't like any of the choices given in your poll?

I like John Malkovitch from "Being John Malkovitch", so I'd have to give him the nod in this poll (POOL?! :biggrin: )

Again this is just to see who you would want to play The Joker. From every actor in the history of hollywood, if you could cast the dream Bat cast who would your Joker be? Hell for that matter let's crank it up who would your dream cast be?

I still dont know Vince Vaughn.

Was he the guy who was being paired with Aniston? or some such.

I dont like Aniston, so I cant remember the movie either.

But it doesnt matter. And thanks.

None of the above. Even though Malkovich is an interesting choice, I dont see him being quite right.

Paul Bettany sounds like a good choice to me too. Johnny Depp may be able to do a good job too. IMO, the role of the Joker (the real psychopathic Arkham Asylum/Killing Joke/Dark Knight Returns Joker which is the best rendition in my book) is next to impossible to cast/perform. I cannot see anyone I've heard of nailing this role. WHen I read books or comics, I always imagine them as films playing in my head and The Joker is one of the few characters I am never quite able to visualize/cast in my little mind-movies.

whoever plays him he needs to be dubbed by Mark Hamill from the animated series - he's got the best manic laugh ever. They did this in the short lived birds of prey series (sort of batman spin off made by the Smallville folks) but Fox axed it after 13 episodes which was rediculous. I own 2 including the pilot which is fantastic - Oracle played by Dina Meyer explains a little incident taken from Killing Joke, of how she gets shot in the hip. They have some guy done up like the Joker, only glimpses are seen, but Mr Hamill dubs him, and for the few seconds of that scene it is worth tracking down

Crispin Glover, Dennis Quaid, Brad Pitt, John Turturo, Steve Buscemi, Sam Rockwell.

I could go on.

Worrying thought: Robin Williams has worked with Chris Nolan before.

Crispin Glover, Dennis Quaid, Brad Pitt, John Turturo, Steve Buscemi, Sam Rockwell.

I could go on.

Worrying thought: Robin Williams has worked with Chris Nolan before.

All excellent choices and I do worry about your disturbing thought. You sir are a very mean man. :sad: