Sign in to follow this  
hagren

Sin City 2

Yepp, you see right:

Robert Rodriguez postponed Sin City 2 to an unknown particular Date in 2007, says comingsoon.net:

Sin City 2

Release Date: TBA 2007

Studio: Dimension Films (The Weinstein Company)

Director: Robert Rodriguez, Frank Miller

Screenwriter: Frank Miller, Robert Rodriguez

Starring: Brittany Murphy, Mickey Rourke, Michael Clarke Duncan

Genre: Action, Crime, Drama

MPAA Rating: Not Available

Official Website: Not Available

Review: Not Available

DVD Review: Not Available

DVD: Not Available

Movie Poster: Not Available

Production Stills: Not Available

Plot Summary: Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez continue to adapt Miller's "Sin City" graphic novels, this time with the second book "A Dame to Kill For," an earlier story of Dwight McCarthy (Clive Owen's character), whose life is turned upside down when Ava, a woman from his past returns, saying she loves him and causing all sorts of problems for him.

Trailer:

Coming Soon!

(http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=9787)

Latest gossip: Angelina Jolie is considered as the Dame to kill for, some role for Hayek.

Other gossips bout Danny Trejo.

(Im curious how much true that is, because IMDb doesnt know about this, maybe a typo. If it is, than this can be a thread bout SC2 in general.)

Guest spiderlegs

FUCK!

So has anyone gotten the extended version of SIN CITY I yet? It's 23 minutes longer and each story runs as its own featurette, with beginning and ending credits and everything. We wants it! But we hasn't founds it yet, precious...

I would have want to buy it, but it comes out only before SC2 starts, if even, so i had to suffice with the normal edition without any extras, though the picture and sound is good.

Dont know if i want to buy the extended ed.

heres a german site for you spider, which lists the differences between theatrical and extended cut:

http://www.schnittberichte.com/

(Right top corner, S-Z, then Sin City)

Am I the only one who thought 'Sin City' as a film was shit, full of the most absurdly bad dialogue ever written by one man? Miller probably gets the praise he does because he writes like a 14 year old virgin fanboy.

No youre not the only one.

I also found it pretty underwhelming at the beginning because i anticipated a Tarantino/Rodrigue masterpiece, but i gained a Miller comic-to-film so i was bored and felt my intelligence insulted.

But:

If you get used to it, its pretty culty and beautiful.

And at least its the most exact adaptation to date.

It has to be like this i think.

Though i think its overrated, yes.

I think so: A Dame to kill for is my fav. Story of what SC i know.

But yeah, the first one hadnt got much depth.

How do you like the other Comicbookfilms?

Am I the only one who thought 'Sin City' as a film was shit, full of the most absurdly bad dialogue ever written by one man?  Miller probably gets the praise he does because he writes like a 14 year old virgin fanboy.

Fuck No !!

I would have liked an adaptation, not a relpication.

Comics and Films have very differnt mechanisms, and this took from both.

Things that may have worked in the comics, dont appear to work in the film itself.

They just came out pretensious.

And further more, the Sin City comics were always really just style anyway.

I'm glad that it was faithful, but maybe too much.

But atleast it has marked the boundary, saying this is what you get for slavishly porting a comic to screen.

Voice-overs in films are usuaully evidence of filmaking cop outs, especially when film's adapt books.

Cronenberg's masterful Spider negates this.

Voice-overs in films are usuaully evidence of filmaking cop outs, especially when film's adapt books.

Except that voiceovers are an important part of the noir genre that Sin City pastiches. Missing them out would have pretty much the same effect as making the film in colour, or making Marv into a bleeding heart liberal.

Thats true, but i found the monologues also a bit too much- They were too often and they even rehashed some "essential" things.

So i understand that its important, but its somehow annoying nevertheless.

I mean who would talk to himself like this?

Funny that in comic form you never think about that.

Btw, testosterohne, maybe it marked the boundary, but people liked it so in the future they may do something similar as Sin, not avoiding it, because it was a success overall.

I wonder if the critics of this film are a fan of film noir in general. Granted, SC is a much more over the top in terms of that genre's stereotypes, but it definitely fit into it nicely.

First time I saw this film I thought it was highly overrated but I still enjoyed it, just not as much as everyone else seemed to have enjoyed it. But once I bought the DVD and watched it again, I grew in love with it and would probably consider it one of my favorite movies right now.

Except that voiceovers are an important part of the noir genre that Sin City pastiches. Missing them out would have pretty much the same effect as making the film in colour, or making Marv into a bleeding heart liberal.

Youre right on the genre, but some of those lines were comic storytelling, that could have been expressed visually.

Wow i cant believe their are people who didn't love sin city, i thaught it was great, yet saying that i have never read a sin sity book so that might be the reason.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo! That film was so different I could almost have ignored the plot. And talking corpses makes any film better. As does a legless Frodo.

Did you think the spot colour effects worked that well on film, though? The scenes where they were using more than one weren't terribly impressive.

god damn angelina. cant they do everyone elses parts in like a month-and-a-half, then add her part later?

if they could do that it could be out in august or september.

she just had the baby. give her a month, and if she isnt up to it, get salma hayek.

im just saying.

Today, in the Writing Center, it was slow, so my coworkers and I were talking about movies. My one coworker, Michael, said this of Sin City: "It didn't work for me. For one thing, it needed more hookers."

Awesome.

Today, in the Writing Center, it was slow, so my coworkers and I were talking about movies. My one coworker, Michael, said this of Sin City: "It didn't work for me. For one thing, it needed more hookers."

Awesome.

Hahahha :)

Classic!

A Dame to Kill For is one of my fav Sin City books, Dwight being my favorite character in the series.

http://entertainment1.sympatico.msn.ca/Jol...ct=&abc=abc

Angelina Jolie has been replaced in 'Sin City 2' by Rachel Weisz.

Director Robert Rodriguez is said to be in talks with the British actress to play 'Dame to Kill For' Ava Lord, after his first choice, Angelina, was unable to fit the project into her busy schedule.

The long-awaited sequel to the 2005 movie is rumoured to start shooting in 2008. Jessica Alba, Clive Owen and Mickey Rourke are expected to reprise their roles as Nancy, Dwight and Marv.

Angelina had previously spoken about her excitement at being considered for 'Sin City 2'.

She said: "We've talked about it. I've read the comic and I don't think it's on the way to being made right at the moment, so, when it's actually in production, I'm sure we'll talk about it.

"It was a funny thing though, because the project actually came to me while I was pregnant and I was feeling very maternal, and now there's this sexy, violent, loud film.

"I thought, 'You know after I'm pregnant that will be a nice movie to do.'"