A. Heathen

Other optimism about the movie.

Which of the following is most reassuring about Constanteen ?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following is most reassuring about Constanteen ?

• Several good actors in significant roles*
    • The visuals that we have been allowed to see
    • Retention of at least one major plot point from the original story (avoiding stating which because of it being a spoiler)
    • Keanu's portrayal of John Constantine seems right (if not the motivations he's given in the story)
    • That people from the movie care enough about what we think to engage us in debate about these things

I voted for visuals.....help us Stan Winston, you're our only hope. :p

If anything this flick will prolly be visually stimulating and fun to see when doped up on that demon weed.

Guest spiderlegs

I voted for the last one. I just wish they would have come to us first instead of changing so much and then coming here to defend their actions.

the first option.

good and nifty visuals can still make a shite movie (i'm looking at you, Sky Captain), and i'd rather not see a good storyline ruined

The last one. Even though it's a "bolting the barn door after the horse has run away" kinda thing.

Well, the big names are going to make the movie a monetary success, but I can't say that brings any optimism to me.

I think Warners need to worry about jackasses running around the internet claiming that they work for the company, instead of us devoted fans hanging around our own message board making fun of the movie. The latter is going to get them bad publicity and people might not see the movie based on that (or any movie from Warner's for that matter)! If I truly believed that a big company hired such immature people to work for them, I know I wouldn't want anything to do with Warners, period!

Hey, Warners! I'm immature! Hire ME!

(ironically enough, since i am under contract to translate Harry Potter books, technically i AM working for the WB...)

The last one. Even though it's a "bolting the barn door after the horse has run away" kinda thing.

um, I think he was being sarcastic about that last one, Akhira.

So am I.

There really isn't anything to like about the movie.

I voted for the visuals , even i know that visuals don't have to make a great ( episode 1 :rolleyes: ).

Still , if there is a movie that needs a dark atmosphere with awesome cinematography this is it.

And considering that Francis Lawrence , who very well may be the next david fincher , is doing it promising to be good.

Still i wonder how this movie would've looked if tarsem singh had directed it.

As I said before, "the next David Fincher" pretty much means "uses a green lens filter and possibly has a prediliction for CGIed kitchens".

lol , it was only in 1 movie that he used it :wink:

And david had made only 1 crappy movie (due to the heavy involvement of the studio of course).

Seven is still a master piece and that doesn't involve CGI kitchens or green filters.

And the visual style to that movie is very important to the story.

Se7en has exactly the kind of atmosphere "Constantine" should have

lol , it was only in 1 movie that he used it  :wink:

Two movies: Fight Club and Panic Room.

And david had made only 1 crappy movie (due to the heavy involvement of the studio of course).

Alien 3, The Game and Panic Room.

Okay, Panic Room's more "boring" than "crappy." Still.

I like Alien 3.

I like it also. It has some basic flaws none of which are the fault of Fincher.

I quite liked The Game as well, although the version I had in my head when I'd heard of the concept but before I had seen it was far darker.

Guest TearsInRain
I like Alien 3.

I like it also. It has some basic flaws none of which are the fault of Fincher.

Not the fault of Fincher? Because he is the "creative genius" handcuffed by the Big Brother studio? Have you ever read interviews with Fincher at the time he made that movie? Every plot point, even the ones that pretty much screwed the series were Fincher's ideas. At one point he was slamming the studio and the audience and said he didn;t give a fuck about what came before or the previous "rules", he was making the film for six of drinking buddies. It's why directors that only think an audience responds to a great dolly shot or a trip through a CGI coffee pot handle should never be allowed near a word processer. He's done some good work but the best ones started with a solid idea and script that even his heavy handed visuals couldn;t ruin.