A. Heathen

Other optimism about the movie.

Which of the following is most reassuring about Constanteen ?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following is most reassuring about Constanteen ?

• Several good actors in significant roles*
    • The visuals that we have been allowed to see
    • Retention of at least one major plot point from the original story (avoiding stating which because of it being a spoiler)
    • Keanu's portrayal of John Constantine seems right (if not the motivations he's given in the story)
    • That people from the movie care enough about what we think to engage us in debate about these things

Agreed!

Tears, I want to buy you a pint mate - you and me, at the premier, shooting the breeze - work on it man, it has to happen.

Even better if it's you, me and the rest of the right thinking folks on the forum.

Either way, I hope you stick around cause I think you're the only one who's established a close enough bond with the movie who can still let it all go if you think it's a big pile of shite!

this thread made me laugh big time... :biggrin:

Anyway, I love Alien 3. the cut in the Quadrilogy boxset is awesome, and clearly shows that Fox totally screwed it up. I'm guessing Tears doesn't like the death of Newt and Hicks, but I thought it was pretty fitting for what this movie was. or maybe I was just really depressed when I saw it and liked it because of that. It dared to be very different from the other two flicks.

I dug Alien 3 as a stand-alone. Killing off hicks and Newt was silly, but the movie itself was good.

And TearsInRain should register and get an avatar and shit. Don't worry, you'll still be anonymous!

I dug Alien 3 as a stand-alone. Killing off hicks and Newt was silly, but the movie itself was good.

And TearsInRain should register and get an avatar and shit. Don't worry, you'll still be anonymous!

Okay.. jeepers, I hate belonging to anything that I could actually be a member in. (woody allen move over). But there, I'm registered. Is that better? My avatar is a kitten that posed for me behind the bars around the ruins in Rome. Most evil/innocent creature I had ever seen. Like -- "pet me and I'll tear your fucking jugglar out." Funny how with all the grafetti in Rome that they had to chain link most of the more interesting ruins and now the abandoned cats have completely taken it over. Imagine climbing that fence at night... Even ConJob would find that taxing.

Yeah, what was that? "I wouldn't want to be a part of any club that'd have me for a member", and Woody Allen attributed the quote to Sigmund Freud, when it was really Groucho Marx that said it! :lol:

Moral:All guys who smoke cigars look the same?

More like self-obsessed pricks don't know how to quote properly...

Welcome, TIR, love your avatar! Indeed a good mix of cute and pure evil. Sort of like the Constantine film :lol:

I love Tears.. new av and I love the comment "pet me and I'll tear your fucking jugular out." :biggrin: Can I nick it?

Tom and John, your A-Team antics have given me my first real laugh in ages, thank you. :biggrin:

But anyway, I voted for the actors, because at least there is some talent in there, although if the script can't cut it, even the greatest actor will struggle, which could totally backfire, but hey, for once I'm trying optimism.

I like Alien 3.

Fincher didn't.

I hate belonging to anything that I could actually be a member in. (woody allen move over). But there, I'm registered. Is that better?

Hello TearsInRain!!!! Glad to find you registered!! Did you think I would forget you, after all the beautiful relationship we shared together?

I'll be a nice guy, don't worry. I understand I have a somehow uneasy personality.

Christian - you beat me to it.

Tears - nice to finally match a face with your posts :p