A. Heathen

Three reasons to see this film

1) It will open the way to a wealth of good stories from the Hellblazer collection.

2) It's likely to be a good Keanu action adventure, back on form after the Matrix series miandered off the point.

3) If it succeeds it will bring new readers to the comic series.

Next !

NO REPETITION.

(PS, I throw the gauntlet down to Tom and our Warner-affiliated Troll to enter into the spirit of this thread.)

1) Keanu Reeves as lead guarantees the cinema will be full of impressionable young ladies.

2) It's an occult action thriller, how many of those have you seen ?

3) For better or worse it's Hellblazer : The Movie.

I think Tom's off rocking in the free world at the mo.

Gloria Swinton ?

dontchangeyourhusband.jpg

John you should probably pin this one so it's the first thing that Yakko Smakko and Dot see when they read the forum. Then we know they won't look any further because of that infamous Hollywood attention defi

1) It'll be nice to see film reviewers say "based on the DC/Vertigo comic 'Hellblazer'" in their reviews.

2) the DVD might have some cool extras such as a "comic to film" segment with perhaps an interview with Karen Berger talking about the changes the film made from the original source.

3) It'll be two hours where I don't have to think aboout my life.

It was "Yakko, Wakko and Dot", man. And Zeppo.

You're thinking of the kids Saturday TV show.

Smakko is the one of the real Warner Bros who got hushed up to make it acceptable for family viewing.

1) It's media coverage will bring out old/latent HB readers out of the woodwork, get them to pick up the book or a few new trades, see what's going on with old J.C. and maybe even a few celeb HB readers might want to give a shout to the comic

2)If it does suxck, you can always scream at the screen. Not seeing it couldn't afford you that luxury.

3)Maybe it'll make like Daredevil, and get a cool Papa Midnite spin-off

Guest spiderlegs

1) It sounds like at the very worst, it might be very funny. Whether that's intentional or not...

2) Holy water in 10 gallon jugs for putting out those "Baptisms by Fire."

3) I've said it before and I'll say it again: everyone should have access to that liquid "hell-avator."

Ade - good pun.

2) the DVD might have some cool extras such as a "comic to film" segment with perhaps an interview with Karen Berger talking about the changes the film made from the original source.

That'd need a DVD all to itself.

Maybe a fan-made one? just a slide'n'clip-show : clips of Keanustewen, then shots from ther comics, explaining the difference. a clip of keanu praying, a shot of J.C. telling god to fuck off, or cutting wings off of Archangel gabriel... :)

with a spiffy narration, it'd make an excellent documentary. Michael Moore, eat your heart out. and it'd only need some rudimentary Adobe Premiere knowledge, and a piratized DIVX movie rip, along with all of Hellblazer issues scanned, and then write a witty sript and get some board member to narrate it all...

...hey, it still sounds more feasible than that Hellblazer p(o)int and click adventure game we talked about...

1) Keanu Reeves brooding.

2)If the movie doesn't bomb there might be an animated DVD sequel (think Riddick & Van Helsing).

3) The sequel might be better. Or they might remake it right it 10 years down the line like they are doing with Batman.

1) Chances are my local comic shop will have free promo passes.

2) Satisfy some morbid curiousity.

3) Load up on ammo for arguments.

1) The comic editors in some forgotten spots of the globe may take profit from the movie and would put in the shops the first sixty issues (¿lo cogéis, editorcillos de Norma, si es que estáis leyéndome? ¡Queremos los primeros números de Hellblazer en España para AYER!) - that was a message for some editors :glare: in my country, cheers.

2) Keanu is not so disgustingly bad actor (Johnny Mnemonic was good) and it could be a good film if you don't consider the comic.

3) Lots of free publicity for Hellblazer, in theory...

No, but she can shine my helmet.

Sorry.

No, really.

Um.

Actually, it's because she wears a helmet.

Sorry.

Three reasons to see this film:

1. Because someone has a gun to my head.

2. Because someone has gun to my family's heads.

3. Because it'll be a subtle and intelligent study of man's relationship with an uncaring and disinterested god.

At least one of these answers is ironic.

1) It'll be nice to see film reviewers say "based on the DC/Vertigo comic 'Hellblazer'" in their reviews.

I'm not so sure I would Want a shitty movie (should it turn out to be shitty, which it looks like it will) widely and publicly associated with one of my favourite comics.........