Rogan

Most iconic J.C. shots...

Bump!

This one's one of my fave moments in recent years, this proactive optimistic take really blew me away.

hellblazer250040t.jpg

Bump!

This one's one of my fave moments in recent years, this proactive optimistic take really blew me away.

hellblazer250040t.jpg

A far more fun and interesting take on the character than Milligan's 'Oooh, I'm so burned out and a mystery to myself' whining.

Not a fan of the Books of Magic stuff though. Looks like the schoolwork of a talented 18-year-old.

Yeah, when I first read #250, I was so hyped and surprised to see such a "fresh" and proactive take on J.C. that felt to go against the grain of the current trends of (unhealthy doses of) cynicism and depression.

To be fair, i fell in love with that BoM scene when i was 15, but the whole bluff "twist" to the scene defined Constantine's character for me in ways that most of the other stories I've seen before (mostly random issues from three different runs, plus some equally random Swamp Thing appearances) didn't.