Sign in to follow this  
Mick

Why Are They Renaming Mk Spidey?

Ok by now people will have noticed (or be a bit confused as i was) that marvel knights spider-man is now called ' The Sensational Spider-man' alright so they've given it a new title. But why in the hell is this months issue called sensational and the next two months back to marvel knights then again back to sensational spider-man (this is how its posted on marvel.com at this time. I also cant recall the announcment of the change i'll have to look back at the last issue and see. I hope that when the next issues out it isn't as posted and has its now changed name to stop the confusion.

I at this point realy cant decide if i prefer the old title or like the new what do you guys think? And has anyone any idea why they've changed it?

Supposedly, they are changing the Marvel Knights Line of comics. I don't recall what they are doing with them, but the current stable of MK titles will be shuttled back to the regular Marvel banner. That's why MK Spidey is changing it's name.

Supposedly, they are changing the Marvel Knights Line of comics. I don't recall what they are doing with them, but the current stable of MK titles will be shuttled back to the regular Marvel banner. That's why MK Spidey is changing it's name.

Hm makes sense hopefully they will make the marvel knights line just for people like the original marvel knights e.g electra, ghost rider.

I think it's supposed to be a more streamlined imprint for special books and mini-series where the creator has a vision for the character he's working with. Out of continuity titles.

Like the imprint was at the beginning, with books like Jenkins' "Inhumans".

Instead of just sticking any old character in the imprint to see if it helps sales.

Maybe MK Spidey saw Green Goblin killing someone and had to go onto the witness protection act, at which point he became a farmer in Ohio, and had 17 children with a pig named daisy, before returning to his superhero ways? The more you think about it, the more likely it seems.

CHRISTIAN:

...special books ... where the creator has a vision for the character he's working with.

Yeah, that'd be pretty special for a Spider-Man title. :)