JohnMcMahon

Johnny Red

dogpoet    443

It does look a good collection. It's a pity they've only done one Steel Claw collection, though. Wasn't that strip going for the best part of twenty years?

JohnMcMahon    562

Finished it, Garth nailed the Johnny Red feel and the art was great EXCEPT for the actual depiction of Johnny, who oft-times was made to look like a weird jawed mutant! Burns does a great plane though and that's the important thing, really.

Would like some more from the same creative team but thought the framing sequence did a good job of saying goodbye to the character so maybe just a new War Story over at Avatar ?

Lou K    1,054

^ have some holes in that run so I can't complete the tale. Hopefully it's traded soon.

Hope Garf gets a new artist for future war stories. Jason was right. That one dude was kind of sucky

dogpoet    443

Finished it, Garth nailed the Johnny Red feel and the art was great EXCEPT for the actual depiction of Johnny, who oft-times was made to look like a weird jawed mutant!

Burns probably had a pout on because he didn't get to draw any tits for the whole serial.

:wink2:

JohnMcMahon    562

Well I owe someone an apology - I was convinced that The Flying Gun was a modified Mosquito but reading through the trade it's explicitly referred to as a souped up B-25.