Sign in to follow this  
Tony B.

Preacher

Christopher Nolan and Batman Begins are terrific indeed, but....

I love the emotions conveyed in both Cassidy's and Tulip's faces at the bar the night after he tells her he loves her.

Dude the one on the condensed comic thread was soooo much better.

"We all got kilt and magick'd back up"

Finally, AICN has a "my cousin talked to John Wagner's dog who told me his girlfriend heard this" story that suggests PREACHER by Garth Ennis an Steve Dillon, may have some media interest:

milehigh comic book blog site notes

"I don't know good this information is, but I was at a comic convention in Dublin recently where Glenn Fabry was signing. I asked about the Preacher movie and he said that it wouldn't go ahead, that nobody wanted to do it. He then told me that days previous he had gotten a call from somebody from HBO looking for Garth Ennis' phone number. A few hours later he got a call from Garth saying that the producers from The Sopranos want to turn Preacher into a HBO TV series. There was no word on Garth's response to this."

Someone on The V reckons it might just be some low-level exec looking for things to toss out at a pitching session rather than a genuine enquiry. But that person probably knows about as much as I do.

Finally, AICN has a "my cousin talked to John Wagner's dog who told me his girlfriend heard this" story that suggests PREACHER by Garth Ennis an Steve Dillon, may have some media interest:

milehigh comic book blog site notes

"I don't know good this information is, but I was at a comic convention in Dublin recently where Glenn Fabry was signing. I asked about the Preacher movie and he said that it wouldn't go ahead, that nobody wanted to do it. He then told me that days previous he had gotten a call from somebody from HBO looking for Garth Ennis' phone number. A few hours later he got a call from Garth saying that the producers from The Sopranos want to turn Preacher into a HBO TV series. There was no word on Garth's response to this."

Someone from HBO wants to contact Garth Ennis and they do that by calling Glenn Fabry to ask for his phone number?

Guest spiderlegs

Well, if you don't know anyone else, might as well give it a shot, I guess...

Is Fabry likely to be easier to get hold of than Ennis, though?

I really adored the first two, so i took them out until No. 8.

Now im mixed with the material.

Sometimes, its awsome, like the Cassidy/Tulip relationship, god, thats really how it is in life, an unsolveable akward situation, i fucking loved that.

God wetting his pants because of Jesse following him.

Arsefaces story, with his demolated face, no one caring about him and after his dads death, his plans to revenge him and plant some goodness into the world.

Still no one cares about him, and then he becomes friends with the Custer gang, and subsequntly a star :lol:

Didnt found that a good conclusion, though, he looked up-nosed now, and the manager saying "I really dont know what his message is". Hm.

Jesses family was also heart-stopping, poor guys dad and mum died because of these sick assholes, such things make me angry to no end.

One guy at that sex-party parking the bike in another fellows ass :lol:

That giant fatass who is still respected and feared.

Tulip binding Custer to the bed.

Starr trying to hide his dickhead.

Cassidys backstory with going to America.

The voddoo part.

The friendship between Cassidy and Custer, with all the life-savings.

And all those surprised faces of shot victims.

On the other side its far too over-the-top sometimes, what is irritating a bit, and also repetitive with all the sex, shooting, sex, shooting.

Cliched western-stuff.

The presentation of homosexuals. The roughness of everything.

Still, its pulpy fun with some excellent emotional backstorys and other ingenious ideas, and you dont get such thing anymore, the same with his HB, like reading old horror-stories, what gives you a special, seldom sensation.

About Insomnia: I agree, it was totally boring.

Batman Begins is a superb film but somehow a bit too serious, and too epic to watch it often, also a tad one-colored.

I really want to see Memento now for ages.

Im also surprised sometimes about other peoples opinions :)

Guest spiderlegs

Sure, if you've got enough dead marmits in a wheelbarrow, you can practically get him to come to you just to tickle your balls!

Sure, if you've got enough dead marmits in a wheelbarrow, you can practically get him to come to you just to tickle your balls!

See, I learn more everyday here at STH.