Sign in to follow this  
lyra

Post a gay or lesbian comic book character

So, the reason you date someone is because they are the same nationality as you? That's your big "go or no go" when you're dating, eh?

Doesn't matter if you like their personality, if you have common interests, how long you've known them, what their family is like, if they have a history of killing their spouses, or any other myriad reasons for dating them?

As long as they're from your country, you know they're good to go!

Because obviously, if they're from the same country as you, they're going to act just like you and enjoy everything you do!

No-one claimed any of that. You're arguing passionately against a straw man.

Storm has never been a queen.

Since she has the ability to control weather, a local tribe thinks Storm is a goddess.

She has no royal blood, and is American by birth, and has never been a queen. She was considered a goddess.

Christ, fat difference! :huh:

This was while she was young too.

That shapes one's psyche something rotten.

She was shaped early in her life as an African Godess.

Again her character has mostly shown those traits of nobility, and that noble strength throughout all the X-men that I have read.

No matter all the thievery and shit.

And to quote myself, ahem.

"Again it's not just that they're African.

I keep posting this.

They're are both/were royalty/revered, and they both fight effin crime!

It's like double royalty."

I may be using it incorrectly, but "/" usually works as a and/or.

Furthermore, I mentioned that it was fine for me aslong as it was written well.

What you've shown me is god awful.

Again it made inherant sense in Earth X, and I dont think I was being insidously racist or cynical by believing that.

Again it helped that Earth X was twenty odd years in the future, and that the X-men had disbanded when everyone gained powers, making mutants redundant.

Interestingly, Earth X also catalogues the hesistant and political wedding of King (Captain) Britain and Medusa, Queen of the Inhumans.

I think that Ororo's and Tchalla's characters are well suited to each other, and I've read Uncanny from mostly from #200 ish up.

So I'm no X-ception :ohmy: to the X-men.

I know how precious you are about Storm. :lol:

But, I've got no problem with the idea, but the execution smells.

Africa != a country.

Please stop calling it one.

Africa != a country.

Please stop calling it one.

I'm sorry Mark I dont get it.

The first equation reads that an exclamed Africa, is a country.

And the second that it isn't.

I've been thrown ito a tizzy. :happy:

It isn't a country, but its still a larger collective and still applicable term.

It's a tad more focused and useful than say European(Which is a lot more diverse a term).

"!=" means "does not equal".

And no, "country" isn't a useful or applicable term for Africa. Try "Continent" instead, because that's what it is. Would you call Europe a country?

I liked it so much more when this thread was about who could take a super human buggering from the hulk.

I've actually, found a comic with this very same idea today. I'll post it later.

And no, "country" isn't a useful or applicable term for Africa. Try "Continent" instead, because that's what it is. Would you call Europe a country?

To be fair, the people who are arguing that Storm and T'Challa make a nice couple because they're both African probably wouldn't think twice about refering to Europe as a country.

Good point, though.

Because a) I think it would be best to get the thread back on track and b) I like the character:

Here is Obsidian, a well written gay character that has been treated respectfully. His coming out was done very well and in an organic, rather than forced, way in Manhunter.

Manhunter is gay? why?

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Obsidian, son of GL Alan Scott, is gay and has had a re-occuring guest role in the Manhunter comic lately. Up until Manhunter it has been uncertain if Obsidian was gay, straight, or bi. But it was confirmed in Manhunter. He is dating a male friend of Kate's (aka Manhunter).

I meant African as an applicable term, not the word country.

Ofcourse, Europe and Africa are not countries.

To be fair, the people who are arguing that Storm and T'Challa probably wouldn't think twice about refering to Europe as a country.

Good point, though.

IF you're lobbing me into the "the people who are arguing that Storm and T'Challa make a nice couple because they're both African ", you can piss off right now and actually read my posts.

To be fair my arse.

Mark thankyou for expaining the !=.

I meant African as an applicable term, not the word country.

Ofcourse, Europe and Africa are not countries.

To be fair, the people who are arguing that Storm and T'Challa probably wouldn't think twice about refering to Europe as a country.

Good point, though.

IF you're lobbing me into the "the people who are arguing that Storm and T'Challa make a nice couple because they're both African ", you can piss off right now and actually read my posts.

To be fair my arse.

Mark thankyou for expaining the !=.

I was re-reading this conversation, and I don't see where Test referred to Africa as a "country".

I'm thinking Mark got confused, because the conversation slipped into my example to JasonT about Gen trying to pair me up with a woman from the United States. That's the only place I saw the word "country" used and it was my referring to the United States a country.

I must have mis-read something, then. Sorry, TestosteRohne.

It's ok, Mark.

It gets confusing there where I branch out into two discussions, one pertaining to comic books and one pertaining to a made-up scenario that was vaguely being used to make a point about a comic book.....

:blink:

To be fair my arse.

I was thinking of the berk who's writing Black Panther, actually.

Manhunter is gay? why?

You'd have to ask Christian, but I think the current line is that one's sexuality is defined by various influences during early childhood.

(Or the type of sex scenes that are deemed appropiate by a comics writer, of course.)

"You'd have to ask Christian, but I think the current line is that one's sexuality is defined by various influences during early childhood.

(Or the type of sex scenes that are deemed appropiate by a comics writer, of course.)"

:lol:

Is this about me having psychological training or are you taking a shot at me by implying I am gay? :blink::laugh:

I think you're born that way, but you two can argue over it.

Be sure to add an example about going to the Phillipines and meeting GenGris for extra credit!

MARK:

You big gayer.

It was worth a try. I'm not getting any better offers ATM. :-?

Which shows how often Tony reads our posts, I guess! :laugh:

Haha! Well I read the whole fight, but the article I posted was about Batwoman, not Storm/Panther. But Batwoman was also already being discussed. So I lose.