Sign in to follow this  
lyra

Post a gay or lesbian comic book character

The new york article was about batwoman then it had a few more side track items like the whole black panther thing.

"You'd have to ask Christian, but I think the current line is that one's sexuality is defined by various influences during early childhood.

(Or the type of sex scenes that are deemed appropiate by a comics writer, of course.)"

:lol:

Is this about me having psychological training or are you taking a shot at me by implying I am gay? :blink::laugh:

I think you're born that way, but you two can argue over it.

Be sure to add an example about going to the Phillipines and meeting GenGris for extra credit!

Cool your jets, Chris: I was thinking of the psychiatrist thing.

Not this Mr T, for the record.

Yeah, you're referred to as Mrs.T in these parts. :blush:

That New York Times article was what got Christian and Mr. T in a cat fight this week.

Twas hardly a catfight.

Infact, what it really was, was a pre organised conversation, inwhich we could justify the example about going to the Phillipines and meeting GenGris.

As cons go, it went smoothly.

To further add to the confusion of this jumbled thread, I've just deleted the remark you're referring to, on account of it being the sort of offensive wisecrack best left in the pub.

Great woodcut, BTW, and I forgot to thank you for posting the article a few pages back.

Jason T while, i was waiting to see the dentist I was rereading my Madman's drum the one with the girl from my former avatar. I noticed something, which changes my interpetation of the avatar. She is in fact a harlot though by rigid moral stadards of the 20th century. You see she wears a flower on her dress symbolzing her virginity she meets a man who has many many flower on his vest a playboy. In this playboy's hand is a coin and he seduces the poor girl and takes her flower literally. The father goes to the playboy's house to get the flower back. Not, sure what that means but it was really sad. I never noticed all the money changing hands to ruin this poor girls reputation. In the end she dies from shame and perhaps disease.

Yeah, Lyra, we all told you that was a sick, shameful avatar. :)

Yeah, you're referred to as Mrs.T in these parts. :blush:

... and we've established that Mr T is you... so you seem to be implying that... uh...

Change of subject...

Have you read the Gotham Central arc Half A Life? It's available in trade now, and I can't recommend it strongly enough.

Thanks a million for recommending that. It blew me away. Probably the best comic I've read this year. Gorgeous art, intelligent script.

I really dug Rucka's storytelling, which was perfectly clear without being dumbed down or resorting to lazy funnybook techniques. And the way Batman was used, right up till the last issue, was the best handling of the character I've seen. It was undermined somewhat by the way Bats was used in the final issue, but even that can be justified when you consider that Gotham Central was essentially aimed at traditional Batman readers. (Not sure how much sense this is making... I don't want to be too explicit because I'd hate to spoil(er) such a great read.)

As for the art, if you'd asked me last week to pick out Michael Lark's work from a lineup, I wouldn't have had a clue; and now he's one of my favourite artists. Fantastic.

Cheers Mark!

Glad you enjoyed it, man. The next trade (Unresolved Targets, which is a fucking stupid title for a book, but never mind) is similarly excellent. As, in fact, is most of the series, although I'd have to admit that it never really gets any better than Half A Life.

He had a good point for the first few sentences, when he discussed how some characters seem to pop up in a comic just to be gay and serve the sole purpose of being a gay character in a comic book strip.

The rest of it was all downhill very quickly. As soon as he mentioned Montoya.

I haven't seen Peter Milligan's Enigma mentioned in this thread. Two male leads in a gay relationship, and it is a major plot point to boot. Plus a Grant Morrison intro for the TPB.

This is unintentionally funny. Don't click this if you don't want to read a pile of shite. The Story of the Gay Sign

I think this little quote is quite telling (my italics):

Also, their surroundings don't go "Oh, look at how gay you are!" on them and so they're like normal people.

I guess it's been quiet on this front.

Here's my friend's view on the recent Namor / Namorella cousin on cousin action.

http://www.thepostgameshow.com/?p=722#comments

namornamorita.jpg

"I only mention all of this because the above kiss between cousins came out a couple of weeks ago, which means it beat this kiss in X-Factor #45 to the shelves" (Shatterstar gaying up with Rictor)

ricstarkiss.jpg