Sign in to follow this  
lyra

Post a gay or lesbian comic book character

Maggie and Hopey, duh. some of the best characters in any comic (though you could say Maggie is bi-sexual, given all the guys she's been having flings with. but then, Hopey is the only one she really loves...).

REally the best rounded characters dealing with lesbianism without the cliche of two hot girls. I love how maggies weight changes constantly. I would have to say Hopey is also bi-sexual since she did get pregnent by Mad Dog.

Alan Moore's Promethea has a couple characters

Bill Woolcott a homosexual artist who became Promethea by illustrating her

I'm unsure about the two main characters Sophia Bang and Stacia Van Der Veer. You can tell that Stacia wants Sophia Bangs but is unable to come to grips with her passion. I have read past issue 24.

How could I forget the Monkey.

No but i'd be angry at a media which produces for children showing them something that they have no  reason to be exposed to as i would them showing spidey actually having sex not something they need to know if the must they can make remarks that hint that way for the older readers. HAving girlfreinds is something there already exposed to it isn't something new to thm but a same sex relationship is something new that they do not need to know at that point in there life.

And again I ask: Why? What possible harm would it do to the kids to know that homosexuals exist? :huh:

Noone is saying they should draw guys fucking each other here.

To be honest i dont really give a fuck i was helping explain why they dont tend to print them and adult comics do.

To be honest i dont really give a fuck i was helping explain why they dont tend to print them and adult comics do.

Red has a fair point, though: the adult comics tend to show these sorts hard at it. (The lesbians more than the queers, it must be admitted.)

i'd be angry at a media which produces for children...

To be honest i dont really give a fuck...

So... which is it? :smile:

Red has a fair point, though: the adult comics tend to show these sorts hard at it. (The lesbians more than the queers, it must be admitted.)

Bit harsh using the q word

What can we say sex sells...... even same sex, sex.

i'd be angry at a media which produces for children...

To be honest i dont really give a fuck...

So... which is it? :smile:

If i had to answer the question to a child, as i would anything sex related, the former.

At this present point the latter.

I was merely giving a reason for th lack of gays, the over use of gays.

If i had to answer the question to a child, as i would anything sex related, the former.

Really? Why's that? :smile:

(The lesbians more than the queers, it must be admitted.)

thats cuz lezzers is hawt yo

;)

I believe that was Vaughan's pitch for Y: The Last Man...

Mick, yeah, I was forgetting that was often used as an insult.

Really, we're talking about a drawing of two guys KISSING here, not assfucking. Do you get angry when you see hetero couples kissing in comics too?

Because i couldn't explain it to a kid fuck sake i still am a kid just about i dont care about it like i said in was making a point why the aren't or are over used in comics. Honestly i really dont care.

Really, we're talking about a drawing of two guys KISSING here, not assfucking. Do you get angry when you see hetero couples kissing in comics too?

Really, given all the crap that's spouted about formative influences, I don't see why kids who grow up fancying the same sex aren't entitled to a few role models in the comics they read before hitting puberty.

Really, given all the crap that's spouted about formative influences, I don't see why kids who grow up fancying the same sex aren't entitled to a few role models in the comics they read before hitting puberty.

Ok then let them grow up with role models like i said about colossus it shows that it all gays aren't like the stereotype which i think is a fine way what i was meaning was the way there presented in vertigo which you have to admit is a bit smutty for kids.

Ok then let them grow up with role models like i said about colossus it shows that it all gays aren't like the stereotype which i think is a fine way what i was meaning was the way there presented in vertigo which you have to admit is a bit smutty for kids.

I don't think anybody's ever suggested that the vertigo stuff is aimed at kids though: this is why there's all that cheesecake lesbianism.

I don't think 355 is a lesbian. She just experimented. Heat of the moment thing. She said so herself. Interested in men, she is.

The doctor, on the other hand, is definitely a lesbian.

All of Luba's children are gay or lesbian Guadalupe though may not be. This causes Luba no end of misery.

You are right about 355 I think she was just experimenting also. But that whole planet it Vertigo'd its inevitable.

Are there any gay characters in Fables?

I know Goldie-locks may of had something going with little bear but thats beasteality.

They do have quite a few of them but not all.

Is Marvelman a.k.a Miracleman gay or was it just a moral slip when he tried to seduce Young Marvelman(miracleman)?

Is Marvelman a.k.a Miracleman gay or was it just a moral slip when he tried to seduce Young Marvelman(miracleman)?

Neither, I think.

For one thing, it's somewhat of a crucial point to the book that he's "above all that", so to speak - he's neither gay nor straight, nor anything else.

My guess is Gaiman was heading towards some major plot arc with MM, YM and, uh, Mrs. Miracle, or whatever her name was :blush:

Guess we'll not find out until such time as McFarlane deigns to stop being a dick :glare:

Jolly Roger from The Invisibles, and the other 4 members of her cell.

post-83-1142043188_thumb.jpg

LYRA:

I'm unsure about the two main characters Sophia Bang and Stacia Van Der Veer. You can tell that Stacia wants Sophia Bangs but is unable to come to grips with her passion.

I don't think Sophie is, but Stacia obviously is. It was funny that a reader wrote in to an early issue's letcol complaining about Sophie and Stacia (two college students) jokingly ragging each other with "dyke" putdowns, when the whole time Moore was using it to set up the Stacia-in-the-closet thread.

FIRE GRIFFIN:

Someone decided to catalogue all this.

Shatterstar from the juvenile X-Force is "questionable". :biggrin: Heartwarming to think a Rob Liefeld creation was retconned as gay. And The Tasmanian Devil is out, which is appropriate — Tasmania has a rep as a particularly gay-friendly part of Australia.

ABHIMANYU:

The doctor, on the other hand, is definitely a lesbian.

That explains the smile.

doctor%20rose.jpg

Some of you already mentioned gayleague.com, great source for GLBT and ambiguous characters in comics. For bisexuals though they're missing Shen from The Authority. Vertigo has my favorites, John, the Corinthian, mm...

Thanks for the info on Sophia Bangs. I figured she wasn't but wasn't altogether sure about her friend. I just picked up Book five of Promethea today can't wait to find out how it all ends.

Shade the changling man is Bi-sexual though he did have a female body at the time of his encounter.

Miracleman may be above petty morals but he wanted young marvelman.

I was thinking about the invisibles also.

Are there any gay characters in Judge dredd's world?

Miracleman may be above petty morals but he wanted young marvelman.

See, I wasn't convinced of that at all. Seemed to me that he was being pushed into it by what's-her-name.

...and dammit, what was her name? It wasn't just Miraclewoman, was it? :blink:

Agent 355 considers herself to be straight, though Allison is a self-described lesbian.

EDIT - Oops, Abhi and Lyra already basically said this. But I don't think 355 was experimenting. I think she's just lonely for lack of any kind of intimate companionship. I think she didn't want the thing with the doctor to happen.

(The lesbians more than the queers, it must be admitted.)

thats cuz lezzers is hawt yo

;)

The fake ones in Y the Last Man are popularly considered to be. The real ones in Jane's World and Dykes to Watch Out For are not.