Sign in to follow this  
The Question

Gaiman on comic book movies

Well, I mean some people might find the narrator/POV stuff OK (like me), and still feel disappointed by the lack of an actual resolution (again, me).

But, hey, I don't know: Christian was a bit vague about what pissed him off about the ending.

True that.

I just like the way everything's left hanging and the complete shift in focus, particularly as it comes straight after the Enigma's Wirtham-mocking bombshell about what's happened to Michael's sexual orientation. I suppose it could be taken as a fuck you to a reader who wants a tidy resolution...

It really depends on your taste. I'v heard some say Sandman was truelly awesome and others say that it wasnt. Just like some people love preacher while others hate it. Same goes for anything. I havent had the chance to read Sandman yet, So i cannot say.

Christ. I have wasted an hour of my life on this thread.

As much as i liked American Gods, most of it still felt a bit subdued, and Anansi Boys even more so.

Still, this whole discussion concerning Gaiman's "hissy-fits" seems pointless and absurd, especially when read in one sitting.

I also agree with the ice-cream appreciation, though i have no love for any pancake-related products.