wolvy

Garth Ennis Loves Superheroes and Soldiers and Lesbians

There are Mould penned Husker songs that deal directly with his sexuality. The Biggest Lie is the obvious one that springs to mind.

Hart bats for both sides, I think.

With that handlebar you'd think he was a prime candidate wouldn't you.

I want to go to his restaurant.

All threads about The Boys should devolve into conversations about Husker Du.

That's it Kurtz, you're on the list....

At a large convention, not too long ago, one of the show promotion staff was driving Scott Kurtz and his partner to the show from the hotel. Darick Robertson saw the opportunity and jumped into the front seat.

Scott complained to the driver, asking why he let a fan jump into his ride. Darick, an unassuming kind of chap, just said he was also taking a ride to the convention center. Scott wouldn't let it lie, and Darick exited the vehicle.

The driver told Scott that it was Darick Robertson. There was no recognition until he mentioned "Transmetropolitan." Scott didn't say anything for the rest of the journey - but the driver got a couple of drinks out of it later telling the story (and probably embellishing it) to all and sundry.

At a large convention, not too long ago, one of the show promotion staff was driving Scott Kurtz and his partner to the show from the hotel. Darick Robertson saw the opportunity and jumped into the front seat.

Scott complained to the driver, asking why he let a fan jump into his ride. Darick, an unassuming kind of chap, just said he was also taking a ride to the convention center. Scott wouldn't let it lie, and Darick exited the vehicle.

The driver told Scott that it was Darick Robertson. There was no recognition until he mentioned "Transmetropolitan." Scott didn't say anything for the rest of the journey - but the driver got a couple of drinks out of it later telling the story (and probably embellishing it) to all and sundry.

Has Kurtz done anything other than PvP? Because that's a pretty lame thing to get uppity about.

Well he did that superhero comedy comic at Image but I don't think anyone bothered buying it.

To be fair, if you were driving to work in a taxi and the driver stopped to pick up some stranger off the street, how would you react ?

Guest spiderlegs

If I were at a comiccon, I'd be more aware, I think. The cab driver should have said something while Darick was in the cab though not just after he bailed. I would have said something if it were him or Frank Quitely, or that Bradstreet chap we've heard so much about...I'll mention that to Darick and see if he remembers.

It wasn't a taxi, though, it was a car being driven by a comicon promoter who presumably needs to ferry as many people as possible. The promoter should've probably identified Robertson by name, but if I was in the back and he told me that he needed to take someone else I wouldn't kick the guy out of the car.

And if it was a taxi I'd be grateful for the opportunity to split the fair, but that's probably just me.

It wasn't a taxi, though, it was a car being driven by a comicon promoter who presumably needs to ferry as many people as possible. The promoter should've probably identified Robertson by name, but if I was in the back and he told me that he needed to take someone else I wouldn't kick the guy out of the car.

Fair point, I s'pose.

And if it was a taxi I'd be grateful for the opportunity to split the fair, but that's probably just me.

Don't ever change.

Oi, Spider - Rich is 'reporting' over on LITG that there's a new Hitman mini in the works...go ask you-know-who what the crack is and let us know.

Won't tell anyone, honest.

God, that would be fantastic, especially if it's a tester for possible Hitman trades. Rich isn't getting it mixed up with the oft-delayed JLA:Classified arc though, is he?

Guest spiderlegs

I don't know Garth, though. You want me to ask Darick a Garth question?

Guest spiderlegs

You meant Darick? Sorry, but I'm reading this with one eye and it makes me twice as stupid...

Guest spiderlegs

According to party #2: while that incident did more or less happen, it was exaggerated way out of proportion.

Party #1 had no comment and acted like a dick when I mentioned it to him last Saturday (he was intown for Free Comic Day, so I got to ask both parties about the incident). I guess rightfully, Kurtz was defensive, though I put it very mildly and prefaced it with "not trying to cause a stir, but I read somewhere..."

Honestly, I don't think Darick was very happy I brought it up either, though it's really no big deal. Most comic creators can be hugely successful with almost total anonymity, right? Unless you know who a person is, you don't know who they are, right? :happy: