wolvy

Garth Ennis Loves Superheroes

Christian    734
I just like how they both seem to be happy working together again, happy working on their own title and enjoying telling this story. That can make for a nice run, I'm hoping.

Now I wish Ennis and Dillon would show how happy they are to be working together again, and that they enjoy telling a story, and they'd put out that book Vertigo promised up 4 years ago, so I could respect Garth Ennis again.

*No, in case anyone is wondering, it's not the fact that book hasn't come out that has made me stop respecting Ennis. It's the fact that he did manage to put out a lot of other books that have caused me to stop respecting Ennis.

James    38

Surely the fact that he wants to take his time and get City Lights perfect is a good thing? And he needs to eat, so he might as well take some jobs that he can do far more easily in the meantime, without affecting his work on City Lights.

I can understand you being a bit annoyed that Ennis hasn't released the book yet, but surely it's going a bit far to lose respect for him just because he's not working to your schedule?

Christian    734

Did you not read my starred note to explain away this very problem?

I said it was the work that Ennis has been putting out lately that made me lost respect for him.

Nevermind. I wrote it in an esoteric manner where unless you put emphasis on "did" it doesn't come across clearly.

James    38

I read

"It's the fact that he did manage to put out a lot of other books that have caused me to stop respecting Ennis."

as

"It's the fact that he somehow found the time to put out a lot of other books, probably by neglecting the comic that was supposed to be out four years ago, that made me stop respecting Ennis."

I wrote it in an esoteric manner where unless you put emphasis on "did" it doesn't come across clearly.

I wish I was as clever as you.

Guest spiderlegs   
Guest spiderlegs

If any of you heard the Fanboy interview, they clarified alot of what the story will be. Think "collateral damage" when superheroes collide. In some respects, it will be like Kingdom Come, as the next generation of superheroes fought among themselves and destroyed lives and property. "The Boys" are utilized to stop that shit, to keep the superheroes in line. There will be a good amount of morality issues & moral ambiguities as thematic elements in this title.

I think it will surprise some people.

James    38
Anyway, The Boys #1 ships next week.

I'll be buying it. I notice you weren't impressed by the preview that was posted up a few months ago, John. Why was that?

JohnMcMahon    562

Only thing missing from the scene where the superhero tears right through yer one was the canned laughter - it was choreographed to get a laugh. Or so I thought at the time, looking at it again maybe I'm projecting.

The art's dead good and it's Ennis writing about load of lads with guns so it's worth a look anyway.

Mark    332
i'll be reading this in trades, see you in six months.

I'll probably be doing the same, but I may try downloading the first few issues to see what I think.

wolvy    57

It seems to be Ennis version of Marvels "Damage Control". Only with more extreme measures. more violence and more gore.

wolvy    57
And more Ennis.

More Ennis then an episode of Dukes of Hazard.

JasonT    438
I'll probably be doing the same, but I may try downloading the first few issues to see what I think.

Me too, except for the part about paying for it later. :)

I thought it wasn't due till October?

EDIT: God, why am I asking you lot? :icon_rolleyes: (Googles) Issue 1: 16 August; issue 2 only 2 weeks later. Woohoo!

So who's gonna wander into their comic shop and declare, "I want The Boys"?

Edited by JasonT