Sign in to follow this  
lyra

The Most disturbing Hellblazer moments for you

So you're the Galactus of threads? :angry:

I prefer Gah-Lak-Tus but i consume pitiful threads to nurish myself.

To me my herald!

Jenkins describing Thomas Constantine taking his wife to a back-room abortionist.

I mean... fuck.

That was Morrison and Llyod. But yeah. Those were some of the first issues I read. Fuckin' scary.

I seem to have misunderstood Hellboy. Sorry.

It was indeed disturbing when John seduced Manor. I thought you meant something else.

Guest spiderlegs

In HAUNTED, the little baby crawling around the filth and needles whilst her dad fixed.

Jenkins describing Thomas Constantine taking his wife to a back-room abortionist. 

I mean... fuck.

Peter Milligan's version of that was even worse: there's one part of the Shade story in question (The History Lesson) where he sees a vision of his mother sitting choking down gin in a scalding hot bath, glaring at him. Nasty.

A few more:

The moment in The Dead Boy's Heart where Constantine realises that he's killed the bogeyman; the youngest Constanteenie's child minder changing her insulin regime to a drain cleaner regime; the final showdown with the Family Man; the revelation of how said family Man's parents died; a narcissist eating himself in the first or second issue; the whole of the Gruinard story; the consequences of Constantine's lock up being done over; Chas turning nasty under Nergal's lingering influence...

The scene at the beginning of the "Good Intentions" arc where one of the Fermin boys is breaking out some guys's teeth in order to force oral rape upon him has always creeped me out.

OH! I know!

Creepiest H.B. moment ever:

From my favourite issue, #34 (The Bogeyman)

John Constantine speaking.

"A contact took me to a sex-shop in the red-light district-one of those with a girl in thw window to pull the punters. Eurasian, she was. Tiny. Not tits. Like a child.

"I looked up and saw this punter looking in at the girl-A grubby, seedy bogeyman with glinty eyes. I sneered at him and he sneered back. It was my reflection-trick of the light, i suppose."

Indelible line of dialogue. I can never get it out my head. Sends chills down your spine,

I don't think I'm a delicate little flower to be disturbed by this image. David Llyod's style reminds me of goya etchings involving the Disasters of War series.

File1525.jpg

Goya Wonderful Heroism! Against Dead Men

goya39.jpg

There was a bit in Royal Blood where Garf was describing Calibraxis' hunger as he ravenously consumed some human flesh.

It was demonic possession, and the voracious hunger for raw human flesh drove the human to claw with it's hands and tear with it's teeth, sometimes losing a fingernail or tooth in the process. So full on raw flesh that the whites of it's eyes were turning red. That was freaky and well played.

In All His Engines, that head demon dude, I forget his name. His pool full of human offal was pretty disgusting.

#51 is really wierd and very cool.

That's about all I got til Azz had him fucking a dog or whatever.

Yeah for #51!  Old ladies are the most disturbing things when done correctly......

so tony....have you done many old ladies,you nasty bastard?

Yeah for #51!  Old ladies are the most disturbing things when done correctly......

Was that the one John Smith scripted?

Peter Milligan's version of that was even worse: there's one part of the Shade story in question (The History Lesson) where he sees a vision of his mother sitting choking down gin in a scalding hot bath, glaring at him. Nasty.

For me, it's the words:

"You [Thomas] sat there for what seemed like an eternity, listening to Mrs. Carpenter ripping out your wife's insides with a coat hanger, like some disgusting old pig rooting for truffles."

just... fucking hell.

Definitely Delano, the Family man or the Horrorist. but issue 13 was unsettling at the very least!

Oh and Delano's latter Morning of the Magician (if that's correct).

Also that Chilling line " I'm John Constantine asshole", still gives me the creeps.

A close second is the "I dont believe in the devil. Well he believes in you."- Absolutely brilliant scriptwriting. :huh:

Why, watsa matter with that?

Btw, its "Well, you should (...)" :)

(Of course, there were fkin bad moments like when Gabriel said "Mammon. Son of Satan..." or such things. Ouch.)

I dont know what moment gave me the creeps...I find Sandman more disturbing.

Oh!

I know!

When he killed one of his friends in the computer!

That was disturbing.

Or in Emphaty is the enemy when the guy feels everything what they feel and the whole thing.

Or when in All his Engines time froze and the Aztec Death-god appeared.

UH, or almost the whole "Damnations flame" trade.

The stuff with the american presidents etc. is very heavy.

Or or or...

Was that the one John Smith scripted?

Yeah, wish he had done more mind.

Never read Scarab, but there's probably a reason he hasn't written much more.

I've not been able to get hold of that one. (Haven't read Scarab either.)

Some of his stuff for 2000AD was very good: the fact that he hasn't really managed to get anywhere with American publishers doesn't make him talentless. (You just have to look at Pat Mills to see that...)

Qusoor, it conjures up a very unpleasant image, you're right. I still found the frame of the woman glaring at him unsettling, though.

Most disturbing moment for me is the ending of "The Days of Wine and Roses" in which

a little bullimic girl who has been abused by her father becomes possessed, kills and partially eats him and then pukes him back up into the toilet.

Well... this question can be answered on two levels . . . the most disturbing thing to happen in the comic was that whole bondage thing in ashes to dust, seconded by the dog fucking episode.... but they were disturbingly wrong for the character. . .

on an actually disturbing level . . . for myself it'd have to be the scene with john's dad and the family man...