dogpoet

Garth Ennis' masterwork...

What is it?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What is it?

• Hitman
    • Preacher

the two issue origin of cassidy from the preacher monthly is my personal favorite from him.

the part where he gets shot for what looks like fucking the sheep is way too funny.

strangely enough i was slightly dissapointed with blood and whiskey,nothing wrong with it,just not what i wanted in a cassidy solo tale.

it didnt look like much besides ennis yelling out "I HATE CAPES!!!"

And it isn't like Ennis is capable of yelling that even half as loud as Pat Mills did back in 1988...

More like it's been done too many times before and Ennis has nothing interesting to say. I think Ennis is very loud about it, but that's all he's shouting. Stock characters. Really, it's a comic aimed solely at the demographic of readers who like Garth Ennis comics.

I'm having a helluva time getting my dirty little paws on the Hitman trades.

Seems they're out of print and every greedy fuck on the internet wants at least 3 times their original cover price.

I could shell out about $2 an issue for the individual issues but I'd rather not plop down roughly $260 for the series.

Somehow I know that this would be my favorite Ennis title.

Preacher doesn't do it for me.

They aren't all collected in trades. There are only four trades and two of those are out of print.

Dc is rarher late with there trades. I was lucky and managed to get most of Hitman off ebay, cept for a small gap.

It's been years since Hitman ended. I doubt they'll ever bother to collect the rest of the series.

Unless DC just released a Trade recently?

Like I said, DC can be rather late with their trades. They just got together a few Nightwing back issues from like 4 years back. It really depends if Garth Ennis becomes a high profile enough name to start selling more of his trades and if he requests that they resell his series and trade everything.

I went with Preacher, but I *adore* Tommy. Hell, even that JLA/Hitman 2-parter a few years back made me a bit misty-eyed.

Just to be arsey I'm going to stick to the Punisher no vote.

It may not be his intellectual property but he completely MADE it his, almost as much as Frank Miller did to Stan Lee's original Daredevil.

Additionally by my maths Garth has written roughly 130 issues of the Punisher.

That's practically Preacher and Hitman combined.

Change them Poll rules.