JohnMcMahon

What Mike Carey did next

I recommend the Adrian Brown version of watching the shite boat film.

Rule 1: Whenever Dion starts wailing turn off sound.

Rule 2: Don't bother paying attention until the boat hits the iceberg.

Rule 3: Watch them all drown in the icy depths.

(Rule 4: When old lady Winslet goes back to THE VERY SPOT where her boy drowned, imagine frozen, seaweed-encrusted, reanimated corpse of Dicrapio surging forth from the depths and grabbing Old Kate and dragging her down into the sea with him.)

Rule 5: Billy Zane wins.

I reckon my version's better yet.

Don't watch the bastard film at all - certainly not more than once - if you can possibly avoid it. Simple. Horribly cliched response it may well be, but go and rent A Night To Remember instead.

actually, if you want to see a good boat movie that starts with "A Night...", then this is the one for you :

marx.jpeg

Am I condemning myself by saying I kinda liked Titanic?

Am I condemning myself by saying I kinda liked Titanic?

Of course. I'm not sure why you would want to admit to that, sometimes guilty secrets should remain that way. :-?

Unless you have a truly inspired method of convincing us naysayers why it it worth watching.

I once worked in the design office for a touring show about the making of the movie. After it was done, we tallied the amount of times we watched the movie and the average for each person was around 50. The top designer was over 300 times.

Red Sonja #0, the special 25 cent issue, did over 200,000 in orders - can't hurt Mike to get his name in front of that many folks.

Maybe we can get Red to dress up as Sonja for Bristol.

No ?

Hasn't come out yet Christian.

FANTASTIC FOUR: THE MOVIE #1

Written by MIKE CAREY

Penciled by DAN JURGENS

PHOTO COVER

The First Family of Marvel makes the leap from the printed page to the silver screen. It's the Marvel movie everybody's been waiting for! Featuring the all-new 52-page adaptation of the sure-to-be-a-hit film--telling the origin of Marvel's greatest super team and their first encounter with Doctor Doom! This comic is also jam packed with bonus features!

64 PGS./T+ Suggested for Teens and Up …$4.99

Hasn't come out yet Christian.

FANTASTIC FOUR: THE MOVIE #1

Written by MIKE CAREY

Penciled by DAN JURGENS

PHOTO COVER

The First Family of Marvel makes the leap from the printed page to the silver screen. It's the Marvel movie everybody's been waiting for! Featuring the all-new 52-page adaptation of the sure-to-be-a-hit film--telling the origin of Marvel's greatest super team and their first encounter with Doctor Doom! This comic is also jam packed with bonus features!

64 PGS./T+ Suggested for Teens and Up …$4.99

heh... think the comic will be better than the movie itself? :p

Spellbinders #1 is out this week, got lukewarm reviews on the Fourth Rail.

Received in e-mail :

"I think it is now official that Margot Stilley, star of the highly controversial 9 SONGS by Michael Winterbottom will play a ghost in FROST FLOWERS scribed by Mr Carey and directed by Andrea Vecchiato (LUMINAL).

Also heard rumors that Gavin Rossdale of CONSTANTINE fame will play the male lead. ( he did the soundtrack of LUMINAL). Any news?"

Care of Newsarama, Mike Carey says -

"I'm moving with great relish into the wrap-up of my last long Hellblazer arc, and also piloting Lucifer into its final year - we're aiming to close with issue #75 in May of 2006. I just finished a short Ultimate Fantastic Four arc, and the adaptation of the FF movie. I'm writing Spellbinders for Marvel, and I've got a couple of OGN projects in the pipeline for Vertigo - one with John Bolton and the other with the My Faith in Frankie team of Sonny Liew and Marc Hempel. I've also just had a new Vertigo miniseries approved, but I can't talk about that just yet - and I've been talking to Harris about doing a Vampirella two-parter.

Outside of comics, my ghost story Frost Flowers is about to go into production with UK's Hadaly Pictures, and I'm working on a second screenplay for them at the moment, provisionally titled Red King Dreams. I'm also about to deliver the first novel in the Felix Castor series to Orbit."

Dear God Of Comics:

Please oh please oh please let one of those OGNs be a Constantine story.

Thankyou,

MARK

Ah, doubt it. Bolton seems a bit too flash for Hellblazer. I'm guessing it's another Sandman spinoff. Would that other OGN be The Regifters, then?

It was only about 10 pages, I read it in the store, and left it in case they sold out and someone else really wanted a copy.

It didn't do anything for me, either.