Mick

Daredevil

Ok picked up daredevil the other month, always loved him but i grew tired of bendis on the title so i dropped it about 6 months ago, But with the new team i thaught i could finally return, and now i have a question.

Ok so DD is now in prison and theirs a guy running around dressed as the man without fear, so anyone got any inklings as to who this character is, i have no idea if i have missed something in the murdock papers which led to the identity of this guy but if not anyone wanna attempt to solve who he is?

Just joshing, I'm reading DD in trades - was pretty sure it might be Bullseye but he's in jail with DD (judging by preview pages on Milehigh) so that pretty much rules him out.

Maybe it's Dick Grayson ?

Somehow I fealt that this person wasn't going to be someone we knew, and that his identity wasn't the point.

But then hey this is comics were talking about!

Again, its surely going to lead to a confrontation homaging Frank Miller's Born Again.

Because of that Bullseye may be a sound choice, but why would he do it?

If Kingpin wasn't responsible for Matt's imprisonment, than hiring Bullseye to be and further discredit Daredevil would make perfect sense.

Unless Bullseye is acting of his own accord.

I know that he is doing good now, but that could be to gain the public's trust.

The artwork is not ambigous enough to be a woman.

Thats a man! (God knows that I have been wrong before :ohmy: )

In the same way Ronin did not look like Echo at all, if it is a woman, then I think it's the new White Tiger or something.

Stick?

D-Man?

Any clues from long time Daredevil readers (way before Smith that is).

My first thought was also Foggy.

Loved that joke in New Avengers when Spidey asks that very same question to Echo.

This new question also reminds me of Earth X, Universe X.

Where the new indestructible Daredevil, is being constantly grilled by the Thing as to his identity.

"Deadpool?".

Daredevil's "why do i have to be someone response" was great.

Incidentally, was there actually a hint or a statement that I missed in the series, that did indeed name him?

In the same way Ronin did not look like Echo at all, if it is a woman, then I think it's the new White Tiger or something.

I reckon you might be onto something there.

Bullseye is in jail after being hit by a truck. He's in no shape to be fighting as DD.

It can't be Ronin, Brubaker isnt stupid. It's going to be somebody like Iron Fist or Shang Chi or somebody we didnt expect.

Hmmmmmmmm damn i guess im the only one thinking Peter Parker!

Bullseye is in jail after being hit by a truck. He's in no shape to be fighting as DD.

It can't be Ronin, Brubaker isnt stupid. It's going to be somebody like Iron Fist or Shang Chi or somebody we didnt expect.

I didn't say that it was Ronin, I was merely citeing an example as to why i thought it was the New White Tiger.

Mick, I had thought of Peter Parker, but it's almost too obvious and he's too big aq character to do...I think.

Still a good guess, as the new Daredevil does use a few Spidey poses.

Now your taking the piss! Luke Cage?

I dunno i still wont rule out Peter Paker, i think next issue might add some more clues, but it seems like it has to be someone agile and fast. I was thinking peters spidersense makes him a bit more aware like DD.

It's the clone.

You see, when we thought Kingpin died, he actually moved to Europe, where he paid the Jackal to creat a large number of random clones for some strange reason.

He's also the evil force behind the kidnapping of D.D.'s baby.

All will be reveleard in the next three years when the identity of the REAL Matt Murdoch will be revealed! Could the Matt we've grown to love all this time really have been a clone all along?!

It's not Bullseye or Foggy.

The Bullseye as D.D. plot was already used at the end of Anne Nocenti's run.

Besides, Bullseye was just taken to Ryker's (where Matt is) this issue, and Foggy, well, we all know what happened to Foggy in Brubaker's first issue.

Could be Elektra, Black Widow, or White Tiger....although those choices seem far too safe.

I bet it's Ben Urich! Sure he's middle-aged and smoke two packs of cigarettes a day....but this is comics! Maybe he ate a radioactive tuna fish and got superpowers!

I thought it was Spidey.

Surely Foggy might have made some comment about the fake Daredevil's voice if it was a woman?

He basically told the guy to shut up because he doesnt want to get caught in this and he might recognize his voice.

But he did hear! Echo is a good bet though. Im getting stummped.

It's the clone.

You see, when we thought Kingpin died, he actually moved to Europe, where he paid the Jackal to creat a large number of random clones for some strange reason.

He's also the evil force behind the kidnapping of D.D.'s baby.

All will be reveleard in the next three years when the identity of the REAL Matt Murdoch will be revealed! Could the Matt we've grown to love all this time really have been a clone all along?!

D.D had a baby?

I love it! I actually like it better than Frank Miller's run overall.

Miller's writing and plotting is better, but it's down-to-earth, where Nocenti's run is usually just flying all over the place.

There were really only very few issues by Nocenti that I didn't get that "special feeling" about.

It has an almost self-parody writing style a good portion of the time, and is quite surreal. It's pretty dark overall, but with humour too.

There's a lot of politics.

She actually managed to write interesting stories with all the mandatory cross-over crap that Marvel was throwing out in the late 1980s (Inferno, Acts of Vengeance, Fall of the Mutants). She took the ball and she ran with it, creating an almost pre-Vertigo, DC "mature readers comics" identity with the type of stories she crafted out of those cross-over arcs.

Apocalypse's invasion of the city in "Fall of the Mutants" viewed through the eyes of ordinary New Yorkers who think that the bomb has dropped.

Daredevil dealing with the actual Devil during Inferno.

A fucked up Ultron finding love in Acts of Vengeance.

From what I've heard, Nocenti was suffering from untreated paranoid schizophrenia at the time she was writing D.D., and if this is true, it shows in a lot of the stories.

It's certainly not to everyone's tastes, and you really need to "get it" to like it.

The Typhoid Mary story-arc is considered a classic and is collected in a Trade. I'd at least get that one, even if I were wary of Nocenti's style.

We find out who the DD running round hells kitchen it is in issue 87 which is out 2006-07-26, so got a while to go with the speculation....

Maybe its Pete Wisdom?

It's going to be a villain judging from this latest issue.

Bullseye, Kingpin, Daredevil, The Kitchen Sink and The Punisher all in one Prison.

I love Brubaker!!!

#87 hey?

Dont worry Mick, we still have three months of wild and inane speculation!

Thankyou Christan, you've become my Uatu of Comics.

What issues numbers constitute her run?

I'll try and track them down.