Mick

Daredevil

Sorry, Mark, and DD Ninja?

Ran from December 2000-February 2001, apparently. Definitely post-dates the start of Ultimate Spider-Man by a good while, but I suppose it could have been scripted first. Which would make a lot of sense out of this whole thing, actually.

That four issue Daredevil stint Bendis did with David Mack, isn't the point of confusion here is it?

There was about a five month gap between that and his main run (#26 onwards).

Plus he did Daredevil Ninja at some point.

That may have predated his main run too, as it was well...bad!

Mick, you didn't feel that Alex Maleev got better throughout the run?

I was comparing his Golden Age covers and interior art to #26, and the progression was staggering!

Dont get me wrong i assume it was good artwork, but it wasn't the kind i like i just didn't enjoy reading the stories with that kind of artwork. Im not slagging it off i very rarely do artwork because in know how damn hard it is, plus im sure its perfect for most people but i just didn't enjoy it, i prefer the art in DD at the min.

I always enjoy quesadas art but i think hes top at drwing and writing i was glad he took the reins of marvel.

Ineterstingly, Daredvil's lie detector senses are wrong in The White Tiger Case.

Bendis dont seem to make a big stink about it at all.

Does anyone know if this has happened before in Daredevil history?

It has happened where DD has been fooled by someone with a pacemaker. (Don't know the story from your title so maybe the same one)

The guy's heartbeat was regulated by the pacemaker and so didn't give the telltale skip he would normally recognise when someone lies. Can't remember the issue so will get back to you on that.

It's not from the same story no, but I would still like to know from which issue that one of yours was.

Do you possibly remember which writer?

Sorry it took a while for me to reply. I kept forgetting to look :)

Anyway the issues in question are #183 Child's play & #184 Good guys wear red written & drawn by Frank Miller (with a little help from Roger McKenzie on #183) featuring The Punisher.

Dont apologise at all!

Infact I have just realized that the single issue that I have of all of all the issues that Miller did in that run specifically, is the very same one that you are talking about.

I'm sorry. :closedeyes:

Brubaker's arc just keeps getting better!

Frank Castle and Matt Murdock eating at the same prison table was comic geek boy heaven.

Ironically, The Punisher is going to wind up saving Daredevil, by just being there as a moral mirror.

Anyone, know who the black guy at the end is?

I'm not picking up any clues or hints re the identity of the New Daredevil.

Anyone else yet?

Brubaker's arc just keeps getting better!

Frank Castle and Matt Murdock eating at the same prison table was comic geek boy heaven.

Ironically, The Punisher is going to wind up saving Daredevil, by just being there as a moral mirror.

Anyone, know who the black guy at the end is?

I'm not picking up any clues or hints re the identity of the New Daredevil.

Anyone else yet?

Iron Fist or Shang Chi.

If it's Echo, I'm going to be disapointed with Brubaker.

Wait...Wait....So, if it is Shang-Chi or Iron Fist, you're NOT going to be disappointed?!

There weren't any clues offered in the newest issue.

Damn! What happened to the cover on this issue?! That was bad!

I think the guy hanging out with Hammerhead at the end is a street gang leader, not a Marvel Universe character, but I may be wrong.

Wait...Wait....So, if it is Shang-Chi or Iron Fist, you're NOT going to be disappointed?!

There weren't any clues offered in the newest issue.

Damn! What happened to the cover on this issue?! That was bad!

I think the guy hanging out with Hammerhead at the end is a street gang leader, not a Marvel Universe character, but I may be wrong.

It could be Turk. :lol:

Didnt he get hauled away during Hardcore, right before he tried to attack the Kingpin.

Well i'm saying it could be Iron Fist because he was pretty close to Daredevil. Not as in good buddies, but he was a guest star a few times. And he has the talent and skill to do that kind of stuff.

I'm just throwing around ideas, but maybe it's somebody new? It could be somebody old, but that hasnt appeared in Daredevil or any other book for quite ahile.

Like the HYPNO HUSTLER....

Turk is in jail with D.D. He's back working for the Kingpin. In the newest issue, he delived Fisk's message to Murdoch to meet with him.

ok, well then You know it's probably that guy that came to Matts cell and wanted to make a deal with him. Just some low level crime boss. Not really anybody important.

ok, well then You know it's probably that guy that came to Matts cell and wanted to make a deal with him. Just some low level crime boss. Not really anybody important.

Carlos LaMuerto, The Black Tarantula. Same guy trying to get Matt to side up with him when in the infirmary. He was a very low level Spider-Man villian. So yes, no one important.

I liked the Black Tarantula's line about prison being Hell's Schoolyard or something.

It was very pertinant to D.D's origin.

I think that Frank's entrance could have been decompressed a little.

Or atleast given as much emphasis as Bullseye's.

Basically, I just want Matt in prison for more than 5 issues.

#87's cover already has both Daredevil's scrapping ala Born Again.

But this is still my favourite monthly comic.

FUCK!!!

Went to pick up a load of comics in leeds yesterday...

DAREDEVIL 85 SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!

Off back to leeds today and if they dont have DD 85 in again i'll cry like a little girl!

In Daredevil # 85, Murdock asks Frank Castle why he has come to prison. Frank's response,"...I wanted to see it for myself.....What it looks like when you turn into me." Ooohh, love it. I have always enjoyed it when these two get together.

Also, the confrontation between Matt and Wilson Fisk was brilliant.

So the reveal of the false Daredevil wasn't the big reveal of this issue. All i could say when i turned to that last page was, 'holy shit!'....

Haven't read the issue yet, but based on a few similar responses to this issue I've seen on another board, has he by any chance revealed that

Foggy isn't really dead?

Because if so, I'm shocked that anyone's at all surprised, and if not, he'll be doing it at some point further down the line. Guaranteed.

Yes, and I was shocked. Why, probably because of all the shit that has gone down in the DCU lately. I know that this is Marvel so that makes it different, but i honestly thought that Brew had the stones to go thru with it.

That last post wasn't meant to sound as cockish as it did, looking back. Sorry.

Still, the only thing which really surprises me about this is that he's done it so soon. I was expecting it to wait a while, at least, just for maximum impact. I'll be reading the issue later today, so I'll be interested to see how he plays it.

Everything about the original scene just screamed "fake-out" to me, essentially. Brubaker went to such lengths to keep the key moment off-panel, and the conversation at the funeral just sealed it for me.

Really let down by that last issue.

Spoiley ahead.

1. Crap reveal to the fake Daredevil, and that it was resolved so soon. The fight sequence appeared to be metaphorless too.

It's no Born Again.

2. Matt's already out of prison! One of the best Daredevil ideas is given a whole five issues!

Bendis' run was about Matt being outed, but he made sure that his whole run was about Matt being outed, exploring virtually every facet indepth.

3. Even with Marvel cynisim and all those comic book formulae , I still thought Brubaker might actually and deliberately buck tradition and really kill Foggy.

This way he could expediantly elevate his run over Bendis.

And as Mark said, even if they did bring him back, it was really so soon.

I'll still pick it up, as the writing and art are nevertheless good, and I'm vaguely intersted.

But up until this issue, I thought I was reading a classic.

The reveal in DD was sort of a given. And really it was a let down, I recall in an interview that Joe Q said that Clint Barton was alive and "Having a devil of a time". Which wouldv actually made it a better reveal for DD, and wouldv probably had a tone of people going "HOLY SHIT!!".

Mark i didn't take your response as Cockish at all, I felt foolish for falling for it, and not catching the signs.

TestosteRhone:

I don't think the reveal of the Fake DD was ever an issue. It was a red herring to keep everyones eyes off the reveal at the end. You may think Matt gets out of prison too soon, but how much more could we have seen in there? more attacks him, More solitary, more scheming by Flat-top and Kingpin and Owl? It would get repetitive, i think. Pull him out before that story gets stale.

Bendis might have made his whole storyline be about outing DD, but i'll submit that it was about twice as long as it should have been. (i'm talking decompression of storylines here, not actual issues published) Didn't he spend like 8 months in a church basement?

I wouldn't count this run oout yet, we now have Matt off on a revenge trip for no real reason, lets see where it leads. I'm betting it will be fun.