Mick

Daredevil

"It goes a little further than most of 'The End' stories. And we make it cannon," Bendis explained. "This is in continuity; not too dissimilar to how 'Dark Knight Returns' became continuity through sheer force of will.

So we put it out there and everybody jumped."

We'll see, we'll see.

I used to have the big love for Bendis but it seems a long time now since the glory days of Alias/Powers/Daredevil....Powers at the moment is all over the shop, when it actually ships that is.

"It goes a little further than most of 'The End' stories. And we make it cannon," Bendis explained. "This is in continuity; not too dissimilar to how 'Dark Knight Returns' became continuity through sheer force of will.

So we put it out there and everybody jumped."

We'll see, we'll see.

I used to have the big love for Bendis but it seems a long time now since the glory days of Alias/Powers/Daredevil....Powers at the moment is all over the shop, when it actually ships that is.

As I've said before but he really is or was writing far too many titles a month.

Yet I'm still enjoying his weakest efforts (Both Avenger's titles).

But yeah his quote is a rather a tall order, if not a great goal.

Here's hoping.

I don't want a DD the end cannon mini. The End mini's are meant to be possible futures not cannon, and sense DD is still going. I feel that this would ruin the series, because it's like we're being shown the end of a movie.

You know how it is with comics; today's "written in stone" continuity could likely end up tomorrow's imaginary tale.

It's even been done with DD's origin. What Stan Lee had done was overridden by Miller's Man Without Fear.

I don't want a DD the end cannon mini. The End mini's are meant to be possible futures not cannon, and sense DD is still going. I feel that this would ruin the series, because it's like we're being shown the end of a movie.

I think that he means it's more a destiny than a cannonical end.

Dark Knights Return's dystopic Bats was so strongly concieved and received that it influenced the very monthly titles themselves.

Great endings make great legends (Odesseus is that much stronger for his death etc), something that unfortunately comic protagonists are mostly denied.

Alan Moore pointed out this much in his foreward to The Dark Knight Returns and it was very much his intention to do this to the DC Universe with his Twilight preposal.

Now it doesn't slavishly set the title in stone (I know he said cannon) but it adds an additional dimension to the title.

A hanging gravitas, a sort of odd ominous hindsight.

Will this or any event from the current monthly bring Daredevil that much closer to the Daredevil from the The End?.

Or is this a step away from it?

This was moderately to quite successful within a Batman context ( :ph34r: Ask Mark, he knows best :ph34r: ).

It ironically revitalised the then present title and character.

For now, it appears that Batman has moved away from this destiny, which is fine and logical.

But this probably would not have happened if not for the that very future they wished to avoid.

In this way it isn't a limiting factor creatively (And not forgetting the sometimes inversly proportional relationship between limits and creativity).

But if we are presented with many What If's that are all equally viable, this aforementioned gravitas is dilluted.

It may work better or it may work worse than Batman-Hell it may suck balls-but Shawn correctly points out the fickleness of the comic industry.

Blame the copy-and-paste generation.... :icon_cry:

Twas straight form the article I pasted.

Still, across the page rather than on the lines and all that.

Daredevil the End Cannon Mini....What the hell could this comic be?

Even if it is considered canon, Marvel times goes so slow that in our world, DD:The End could be set in 2099, you know?

Marvel's superhero titles don't have endings. It's not as if we were ever going to see a final issue of Daredevil that well and truly ended the character, unless Marvel were going out of business. So, this way, we would have that ending. It doesn't change anything in the monthly title (at least, I mean it doesn't have to). It's not as if the current writer needs to start changing all his plots to get the book going in the direction of The End mini, because that ending will never come about with the monthly comic book.

Chris Claremont made a statement that X-Men:The End should be considered canon. Immediately after that, the monthly title made changes that completely negated X-Men:The End as a possible ending for the X-Men (besides that, it just really sucked as an ending for the X-Men, so it's for the best).

So, it's really neglible.

You Sir!

Man on the street!

Regular Joe Q!

How would you end Daredevil?

Personally, ditching the whole Daredevil thing.

Matt was destined for greater things. Stick and the Chaste were watching him even before his accident happened.

All Matt's Daredevilling is an attempt to redeem his very flawed Father, to redeem a devil of sorts.

He followed his father's words and became a lawyer, he followed his father's actions and became someone who solves things with his fists too.

Not too mention the costume and title.

Everything he's done, he's done for his Father.

Matt becoming Daredevil is like Jesus using his talents to become a stage magician rather than our saviour (I swear I'm not Christian...or Trace).

It's time he either leads his own life or follows his own destiny.

But that's going to take some hard conflict.

Ala Dark Knight Returns, Matt must overcome the staunch dichotomy of Matt Murdock/Daredevil, somehow fulfilling that no-good-deed-goes-unpunished phrase which seems to be the books real motto.

Have both the law and justice fail Matt/D.D.

Insert the essential Daredevil elements, Bullseye, The Punisher, Kingpin, a new psychotic love interest and another famous Murdock mental breakdown.

Through a developing sixth sense (Too much?) Matt is able to walk away from this whole finale alive but with both Matt Murdock and Daredevil aspects/personas forever destroyed.

The spiritually/mentally born again Matt (You've got that whole the Devil leaving Hell thing) is emotionally free to become Stick and/or lead the Chaste.

Mentally, he's now heathier and painfully mouths off more like his orignal Stan Lee incarnation.

Have him ditch those red garbs, the colour of passion and uncontrolled emotion, as well as Elektra and more importantly The Hand.

Though he might not quite attain the purity of the Chaste' white garbs, you could always bring back the original yellow!

Currently the reincarnated Stick is unfortunately the baby Karen from Kevin Smith's Guardian Devil run, this is thanks to Bendis' worst comic endeavour Daredevil:Ninja (Hey he admits it himself).

Nevertheless he could train her up.

He spends the rest of is days secretly warring in an ellaborate and mythical Love and War/Hate sort of way as Elektra is still leading The Hand (Bendis will probably kill her off in the upcoming New Avengers, but hey you know comics.)

It may sound fiercely cyclical, but it feels complete.

Any other ideas that could thematically expand the Daredevil mythos?

Currently the reincarnated Stick is unfortunately the baby Karen from Kevin Smith's Guardian Devil run, this is thanks to Bendis' worst comic endeavour Daredevil:Ninja (Hey he admits it himself).

What, seriously?

Good grief.

What, seriously?

Good grief.

Yeah, he's apparently very sorry about it.

But I felt worse reading it.

Rob Haynes' art helped naught and only further condemned the three issues.

More about the villian behind the suicidal robbers and what's happening to the Gladiator.

(Unless the connection is a red herring that is) and future villians.

"It's a familiar villain," Brubaker said.

"I have to credit Ralph Macchio for pointing out this old Daredevil villain.

I had read just about every issue of 'Daredevil' at this point, so I knew this villain, but I actually hadn't considered much of them.

I was talking to Ralph about 'Daredevil' one day and he just sort of offhandedly suggested this character as someone who could have been a major Daredevil villain and he pointed out that up until Frank Miller, nobody really considered Bullseye to be Daredevil's arch nemesis.

So I thought, huh – taking an old Daredevil villain that has never been really seen as an arch nemesis and trying to make them a really cool and messed up villain might be fun."

I'm going with Mr Fear.

During The Devil takes a Ride, Vanessa Fisk mentions that an old friend or somesuch had given her the Pheromone perfume spray for Lily Lucca to use.

This is an ability he's demonstrated before.

Furthermore, it's quite concievable that he's manipulating the Gladiator.

But whats his new delivery device?

Other people?

Thematically he should be a nemesis for the Man without Fear- moreso than the Scarecrow is to Batman-and he has been underused.

Probably something to do with him being shit really, but anyway.

So yeah, my guess is Mr Fear, but which Mr Fear?

Here's the next issues cracking cover!

dd97full.jpg

And the next one

dd98full.jpg

And the one after that.

dd99full.jpg

And half of #100's.

dd100full.jpg

So Elektra isn't dead?(New Avengers).

Here she's presumably battling the Hand, when in New Avengers and Daredevil of late she's actually running it.

So dos this then take place before the current New Avengers arc.?

Or is that Echo after some mindswap with Elektra?

D.gif

Or is it one of those expressionate covers that doesn't actually reflect whats happening inside?

Damn. Those are sweet. Thanks Rhone. The first two are especially nice. I would like to see that guy try his hand at interiors. Maybe an annual or something.

SPOILERS for #97.

No way is Turk Barret behind all of this!

Or any of this for that matter.

When did he get out of prison anyway, or his he running things from prison?

Could he really be Brubaker's mystery villian?

He's used the Mauler suit and Stiltman's suit before so he could be using Mister fear's gear.

No way.

Personally Lark's art is looking a bit sketchy (Or is it the inker/colourist's fault?) , but that's in comparison to how great it was in The Devil in Cellblock D.

Anyway that's a great cover, painted but still dynamic.

More and more Lily Lucca is becoming fantastic Brubaker creation.

But how many more times can "they" jeopardise Milla's life before someone actually kills her off?

Bendis played this well, but it's getting a bit stale now.

Anyway, she's still on #99's cover so...

And with Matt in the back of Police Car cue a great Batman Year One scene.

It would sort of make sense for Turk to be trying to become the new Kingpin. I mean the guy has pretty much been a lackey all his life, So I wouldn't be surprised if he got sick of it and also during his time in prison and everything that he learned the ropes of how to be a crime lord. But It's highly doubtful that he is, and the main mystery guy is probably just using him as a ruse to fool Murdock/the readers.

After the latest issue, I'm pretty sure that the mystery villain is Mr. Fear.

Caught an error:

David Berkowitz (The Son of Sam) is not dead.

In order to get a No-Prize, I guess since these were uneducated thugs in the story who said that, they did not know that Berkowitz wasn't dead.

Man, imagine a letter writer writing this back in the day of the No Prize....Crazy, man!

After the latest issue, I'm pretty sure that the mystery villain is Mr. Fear.

Caught an error:

David Berkowitz (The Son of Sam) is not dead.

In order to get a No-Prize, I guess since these were uneducated thugs in the story who said that, they did not know that Berkowitz wasn't dead.

Man, imagine a letter writer writing this back in the day of the No Prize....Crazy, man!

Or worse still imagine David Berkowitz writing to Marvel... :unsure:

Hi,

I'm a long-time Merry Marvel Marcher, and I just wanted you to know I'm not dead.

Daredevil is my favourite comic and it made me sad to know that you guys think I am dead.

It's been a life-long goal of mine to get a No-Prize and I want to try for one now.

The thug does not know me and therefore could not know that I am not dead!

How's that? Pretty good, huh?

Well, until The Son of Satan changes his name to The Son of Sam

Make Mine Marvel!

signed,

David Berkowitz

aka The Son of Sam