JohnMcMahon

Swamp Thing ?

Is there room for future Swamp Thing series ?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Is there room for future Swamp Thing series ?

• Yes
    • No

I'm not reading the current Vertigo title (sorry Jock) but I think that there could be more Swamp Thing in the future. Maybe not a monthly series, but perhaps some miniseries or something of the like.

I think that they should have another stab at Tefe personally, but perhaps I'm being simplistically cynical by saying that I dont think that there is any more life left in the Bog God himself.

I think that they should have another stab at Tefe personally, but perhaps I'm being simplistically cynical by saying that I dont think that there is any more life left in the Bog God himself.

I think that's like saying there's not anymore Batman stories that are worth telling. You just need the right writer to come in and do it is all. Now if there is such an author out there is a different story altogether.

But yes, i'd say there is.

I generally believe that most things are made on their execution.

Batman is a good example, but I would say that he is a better character.

I think with such a persona, great stories will spring eternal.

Batman also exists in a sort of fictional static.

He has been reinterpreted yes, but he hasn't changed that much.

Swamp Thing hasn't had this, he's been all over the gaff and I think that he is spent.

We definatley need more swamp thing, if people have a problem with the writing get a new goddamn writer, dont cancel the serise. I think theres alot to be done with swamp thing if they get the right writer, but it should stay with Alec not tefe.

Ok, opening with a disclaimer - I own every single Swamp Thing comic from all volumes (except the House of Secrets, which I have as a reprint) and thus may be slightly biased to the old bog god. I continued buying the new series, but mainly out of (misplaced) loyalty.

I voted yes, but only if something radically different is done with the character. If we're going to stick with the "Alec" version then we need someone to come along and shake things up a bit - not just put a new spin on old Moore ideas.

Someone here suggested putting Swamp Thing back into the DCU - the more I think about it, the more I think it may work. Anything other than retreads of his more recent history. And after infinite crisis, there may even be room for a return. Just one simple request: No John Byrne.

If the title is going to continue to be published under the Vertigo imprint, then I vote for a non-Alec Swampy. There's plenty to choose from, and the lineage goes far back, so no problem in creating a new one. A completely new cast, preferably in a different timeline (think Jack-In-The-Green, Lady Jane etc. in their original settings).

Or, in a cruel twist of fate - JC becomes the new elemental, with Tefe as his human manipulator as he rediscovers who he once was.

Nah, just kidding.

i think vertigo should try and comission some decent new stuff and stop riding on the sucess of (ie raping) thier back catalogue.

i thought you said you didnt like Loveless. out of them im only reading Loveless (beacuse i like cowboys) if the others are any good i'll get them in trades.

that brings me to what i probably should've said about the whole "we had a really good thing going lets see if we can cash in on that" this with Swamp thing and BOM and whatever goodawful Sandman based crap thier attepting to do.

Vertigo need to start looking forward, The Fountain was a good start that sort of behaviour needs to continue. The Frankie trade was a good idea too, but it would've been even better if that had been an OGN.

If a well done OGN and a six issues mini cost about the same to produce, i'd like to see the OGN and not a premium hardback for £20 but a affordable PB, thats why the Manga stuff does so well because its affordable.

the whole attitude of Vertigo is dweling in the past, in the titles they do and the format they do them in, its sad to see a label that once pushed all the boundaries of the medium come so low.

and before i get jumped on, i dont meant they should changed thier whole business over night but they should be moving quicker than this.

that includes no more mediocreswampthingthings.

I think they said all that needs to be said about Swamp Thing already. Hang it up.

Word.

Moore saved and created the Swamp Thing we know, but there's almost know way to get out of that shadow.

All that Mooreness is ingrained into the character.

To escape Moore you would have to destroy Moore, and Millar and Morrison already tried that.

Mick can it, you got plenty of back issues to get wet about!!! :D

Trust me it can only get better.

Soon you'll have your The Green movie too!

But non of them will be freshly baked every month!!!

You could get freshly baked yourself and watch the movies/TV show. Then they might be entertaining.

Fuck yeah, I'm getting baked right now. Tapping into The Green, so to speak, to stay on topic.

No more room! No more room!

I have no problem with cameo appearances and an occasional one-shot or even a mini in the future.

Just leave Swamp Thing alone from now on!

His stories are running around in circles anymore. There doesn't seem to be anything new to say with this character, at least nothing that constitutes another attempt at an ongoing series.

And, please, no more Tefe ever! I'm sick of her!

LOU K:

Fuck yeah, I'm getting baked right now. Tapping into The Green, so to speak

:biggrin:

Have you... smoked enough... to... start speaking... like... Swamp Thing... yet?

Fuck yeah, I'm getting baked right now. Tapping into The Green, so to speak, to stay on topic.

They should totally have Speedy smoke Swampy out of existence.