J. White

Hellblazer Solicitations for February 2005

HELLBLAZER #205

Written by Mike Carey, art by Leonardo Manco, cover by Tim Bradstreet.

The shocking final chapter of the 4-part "Reasons to be Cheerful." John's desperate race to save his loved ones from the demons' cull ends in tragedy. But this isn't the tragedy that he'd feared and expected -- this is far worse.

32 pages, $2.75, in stores on Feb. 23.

hb205.jpg

John appears to be looking his age on that cover.

Well, she may well be 23, but she's always drawn to look like she's 16 (fucking Anime!).

Well, she's a real model drawn realistically, isn't she? It's no weirder than getting pervy over a picture.

Err...not actually sure that's Gemma at all. Given that she does look a tad younger than Bradstreet's drawn Gemma in the past, I suspect that may be Constanteenie the female (whose name escapes me right now) on there. Just a possibility...

Err...not actually sure that's Gemma at all. Given that she does look a tad younger than Bradstreet's drawn Gemma in the past, I suspect that may be Constanteenie the female (whose name escapes me right now) on there. Just a possibility...

Tim confirmed it was Gemma when he posted the cover a month or so ago.

Well, there you go. Just goes to show what you miss if you're not around so often...thanks for the correction.

Real or not she's looking kind of fine in the pic, as my uncle Dick always says fictional characters make the best lovers.

Well, someone needs to start pestering Mr. Bradstreet for a phone number.

I nominate Rogan.

nah, i think even a big man like Tim'd be afraid of me owning bits of personal info on him.

John's desperate race to save his loved ones from the demons' cull ends in tragedy. But this isn't the tragedy that he'd feared and expected -- this is far worse.

Good...good...we get a hopped up, red-eyed Chas and a huge shitsmear on John's life. I like the sound of it.

Obviously, putting Gemma on the cover suggests that she may by on her way out. I have another proposal, however. It does contain a spoiler from the movie, so cover your eyes, boys and girls, lest your enjoyment of that fine film be marred. (or is that "merde"?)

It is to my understanding that Chaz bites it in the film.  Could this be a case of the film being informed by the editorial decisions of DC?  Or maybe the editorial decisions are informed by the film.  I dunno.  It's like that snake swallowing its own tail.  What's that called? 

"Oroborous."

No, that's not right.

Heh.

he he....cool quote jay from a very, very cool comic book!

I hope you're not suggesting they kill HIM (as they're doing in the movie). I don't want to see that in the movie.

Hope they kill Gemma....then Rosa will return to us all! It is the Prophecy....

he he....cool quote jay from a very, very cool comic book!

I hope you're not suggesting they kill HIM (as they're doing in the movie). I don't want to see that in the movie.

Hope they kill Gemma....then Rosa will return to us all! It is the Prophecy....

I'm not suggesting it...I'm proposing a theory. I'd be pretty pissed off if they actually did it.

I don't think they'll kill off THAT character in the comics. No writer on Hellblazer should be allowed to do such a thing.

I don't think Vertigo will let any writer do that after Chas won that best supporting character award this year.

I don't think Chas will die. I might be on the money of Demon Constantine keeping him alive after his "accident" this issue. more likely candidates are Gemma or Angie.

Or Cheryl.

I'll wager a large sum of money in favor of Cheryl or Tony biting it.

Tim Bradstreet mentioned that it was Cheryl's widened eye on the cover so I'd take that as either she herself is killed, or Tony at the least.

Yeah but if the race ends up leaving something soo tragec that Not even John thought possible. It has to be something like Chas dying or maybe Gemma. I mean atleast after all of Johns other pals dropping like flies.. You'd think he would already suspect one of them dying..